1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Extruder Stepper Problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Perry Genovese, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perry Genovese

I found this attached video from another thread that was Resolved so I couldn't respond to it...and I didn't see a resolution...but I found my robo this exact same thing

<iframe width="500" height="300" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I convinced myself I had a bad motor by plugging it into another driver....It ran better but was very easily stalled.

New motor arrives and it doesn't work. I have swapped ramps, changed ramps, tuned ramps and E0 will not properly driver a motor. SO maybe my motor is not bad and I now I have spares but after try 4 or 5 different ramps I'm lost,

Any ideas my friends?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

There are only so many parts involved.
    Ramps, Stepper driver and stepper motor.

(technically the Arduino too, but that is a rare case for it to be the problem)

3. Perry Genovese

Ah geez,,,,sorry about this....cable is the cuplrit and it was even mentioned in the other thread I borrowed the video from! I tried the existing cable and the cable that came with the stepper....but I failed to realize the new cable wiring is different color order. I changed the new cable to match the existing color order and everything works now! Ok will tune it and off I go again :)

Rigmarol and mark tomlinson like this.
  4. Perry Genovese

Final point .... the black wire broke at the plug connection pin at the stepper motor and the insulation was holding it in place

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.