1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

How to get STL Thumbnail View using Windows Explorer

Discussion in 'Software' started by danzca6, Jan 22, 2016.

1. PantherZA

PantherZA New Member

What is it programmed in? as in what are the dependencies ...

2. Adrian Wolf

Adrian Wolf New Member

It's hosted from GitHub -- so you can view all of the code and dependencies from there if you'd like...the binaries are compiled into an MSI package that I haven't opened up to see what it includes...

Just clicking through the code repo on GitHub shows me lots of Visual Studio code in C#

3. PantherZA

PantherZA New Member

Found error on my side .... in folder options of windows explorer - always show icons not thumbnails - this should be unchecked for future reference ....

Rigmarol and mark tomlinson like this.
  4. logisch

logisch New Member

@ mark tomlinson, post: 94348

Big thanks for this recomendation - it works like it should - even with source.

Please note that the printer specific tool set and the thumbnail previewer for MS File Explorer have been separated in the meantime.
    The thumbnail viewer got its own repository and can be found here: cabbagecreek/STL-thumbnail/releases

Some screenshots - with maximized icons for MS File Explore (small blue logo is from previous file icon, from the "cura" slicer) and from the setup program dialog.

spring-mechanism-thumbs.png STL-thumbnail-0.1-beta-installer.png

mark tomlinson likes this.