1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

C2 / Auto-level

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by PatrickB, Feb 21, 2017.

1. PatrickB

PatrickB New Member

Hi,

Be indulgent with my poor English writing.. french spoken guy!

Last Friday I tried to print a large part on my C2 and unfortunately it doesn't achieved the task.
    See picture... Model breaks at middle of height maybe due to the nozzle smashed the top of the part.
    upload_2017-2-21_14-56-30.png .
    Impossible to print any other part after that one.

Spent many hours to adjust, play with parameters on the printer to finally be able to achieve a print.

1x Keychain model

It seems the linear ball bearings (Z axis) are not well adjusted with the 2 stems. Tolerances are too large at my point of view (. The horizontal table is not perpendicular to Z axis and auto-level isn't able to correct that.
    From back to front, at least 0.5mm difference.
    upload_2017-2-21_15-42-49.png
    Need your upload_2017-2-21_14-56-30.png upload_2017-2-21_15-42-49.png help!

Patrick

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Contact Robo: https://robo3d.com/contact-us/
    (call would be my suggestion)

There is nothing you can do short of replacing parts or modifying them that would further level the bed on that and if that is how you got the printer they need to fix it (under warranty).

The autoleveling should (probably) account for that small of a difference so I am not sure if something else is wrong or not. If there is slop in the bed (if it is shifting while printing) then that would be the real issue and autoleveling would not help.

3. John M. Fruits

FYI: I had an issue where the Extruder was bobbling up and down, and it was actually one of the bearings at the top (X Axis).... It had popped out of the hole. This caused the carriage to go down during a right handed "Y" movement, and the up when a left movement (the belt was pulling it up and down). The reason this applies, is it would also show up during Z Height calibration.....

Also, I had a issue where the print bed was not level, and after several minutes, I found my tweezers stuck to the magnets under the build plate... Causing it to not be level......

Also, I had one of the magnets loose as well....

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yep. Mine has a similar issue where one of the rods wants to pop free. I had to get a bit of "encouragement" in the form of epoxy to convince it to stay.

5. PatrickB

PatrickB New Member

Hello,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions!

I fix it by myself.

@mark: Thank you for your help.
    @John: I had the same problem with this bearing :) but I fixed it with black tape and it cannot slip out of the bore.

After hours of mechanic adjustments... A complexe part at 0.1mm without support, only build plate! Not bad at all! By removing burrs, all electronics components fit well.

Next step is 0.06mm.
    WIN_20170222_14_20_15_Pro.jpg

mark tomlinson likes this.