1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Mobile App

Discussion in 'Software' started by JeffreyB, Feb 27, 2017.

1. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Member

Is there any documentation on the new app? They just released it out of beta, but I can't find any documentation. I thought while I was waiting on my Kickstarter R2 to show up, I'd try out the app on my R1 with OctoPi. What is this API Key the app needs? You'd think now that it's released that there would be some docs. Pressing "Getting Started" from within the app launches the old R1 getting started video from 2015. Really guys???

Jeff

#1 JeffreyB, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

OctoPrint >> Settings >> API, it is listed there, make sure Enabled and Allow Cross Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) are both checked.

Each instance of OctoPrint has a different API Key. So the R2 internal OctoPrint, when it arrives will have a different one than your current OctoPrint.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

<shrug>

Yea, really :)

You might want to ping Robo via the Contact us link on their main page. They are not often seen on the forum.

They haven't updated the site to include the urls that are silkscrened on the C2 boards either

4. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Member

Well under mine it shows "n/a" in those Octoprint settings. Do I need to enter one there and then the same one in the app? What's the format of the key?

Thanks,
    Jeff

5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Hexadecimal, otherwise any thing you want in there. Yes they must be identical.