1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved New problem Error heating

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Shane Simino, Mar 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane Simino

Shane Simino Member

Oh my overworked Robo is going to explode. I keep getting failures on parts, replace, runs fantastic for a week, and new failure. Ugh. I sure am learning a lot about the printer though.

So my Robo R1 + quit last night and said something about a temp failure on my smart controller. So, I plugged and unplugged both the hotend and the thermistor, and gave it a go from my laptop to capture the failure. This vid is what I got. Gibberish. Help please.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9pjp94lk4b8j3a9/IMG_1164.MOV?dl=0

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Temp fail or temp fall?
    The video is not working for me, sorry.

3. Shane Simino

Shane Simino Member

4. Shane Simino

Shane Simino Member

Oh, I also experienced other weirdness on the print before it quit. My first layer shift ever, but no sign of why. Belts are all tight.

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Still doesn't play :)

The "TEMPERATURE fell too much during print!" error is normally a thermistor issue.

Loose belts are not the only reason for slip, they are just the easy "low hanging fruit" -- a loose drive cog on the stepper shaft will do the same thing.

6. Shane Simino

Shane Simino Member

I need to buy some more parts today to have stock. Any suggestions on thermistor and heater on amazon?

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I assume you still have the stock (hexagon) hotend?

If so you can buy the heater cores from Amazon or where ever you like (and I suggest a 40w core too) but the thermistor you need to go back to Robo for.

Here is an example:

https://www.amazon.com/Signstek-Reprap-Ceramic-Cartridge-Printer/dp/B00Q9Z1JUU

I have not found a 3rd party source for those canister style Hexagon thermistors...

8. Shane Simino

Shane Simino Member

I do still have the stock hotend. Is that why everyone changes out to E3D nozzles? Do they have the real deal for those on Amazon or are they all clones?

9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I can't speak for Amazon and E3D. I bought my first one directly from E3D and the next ones from @Printed Solid (http://www.printedsolid.com/)

Care is advised since there are cheaper Chinese clones which are not manufactured to nearly the same precision. Will the clones work? Maybe :)

People were upgrading to the E3D back with the beta unit when it came with a J-Head style hotend. The Hexagon stock one is fine as far as usability goes, but when you get problems replacing parts is difficult because they are not intended to be repaired.

If there is an Amazon seller carrying it that you trust, give it it a shot. Many Amazon products are not sold by Amazon, but rather through their store front. If it is a Prime seller you have better protection.

Shane Simino likes this.
  10. Shane Simino

Shane Simino Member

Thank you.

11. Patrick Ryan

Patrick Ryan Member

Don't buy e3d from Amazon they are all fake. If you go e3dv6 buy from printed solid.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

12. Shane Simino

Shane Simino Member

Thanks. I ordered from printed solid today. I got the 1-3 day shipping but I don't know with the blizzard we're in. Hopefully I'll get it by the weekend.

mark tomlinson and Patrick Ryan like this.
  13. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Hey Shane. I went into the shop to ship today to get the priority orders out. You probably received a shipping notice. FU Blizzard!

Unfortunately, the post office workers didn't come in today, so it won't actually go anywhere until Tomorrow. Theoretically, it will still get to you before the weekend pretty easily.

Geof, Shane Simino and mark tomlinson like this.
  14. Shane Simino

Shane Simino Member

It was definitely temp fall error.

15. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

If a new heater core (40w) doesn't solve it then it is probably a bad thermistor.

16. Shane Simino

Shane Simino Member

Oh wow. Thanks. Yeah I got s notice, but I'm concerned about it getting here just because of the storm. UPS shut down today and most likely tomorrow but the mail still went!

17. Shane Simino

Shane Simino Member

E3D V6 installed and mostly all working well. Only issue I seem to have now is print shrinkage or not really sure what to call it on the front side of print. I've always gotten some inconsistencies from front to back because of the single cooling fan. I think it's worse now, since I printed the new fan mount bracket. Same fan, but the new bracket tips it downward a little more. Thinking about a second fan on the front. Anybody else notice this? Anybody else mount a second fan?

18. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

19. Shane Simino

Shane Simino Member

20. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Yes, and the E3D parts fan mount. The other is the E3D volcano so completely different.

If you switch to the E3D you can't use the factory provided parts fan mount.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.