1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered X axis crooked, too low on right side

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Katherine Shull, May 8, 2017.

1. Katherine Shull

Katherine Shull New Member

I got my first 3D printer, the Robo 3D R1+ a few months back and its been working perfectly. Earlier I had a small jam in the hot end which was easily cleaned out(my father-in-law tilted the entire system to get to the two screws in order to remove the hot end, which I think is the cause of the issue).

However, after putting the hot end back in place, it seems that the x-axis is now crooked on the right side, and presses into the bed whenever printing. It prints perfectly on the left side, however, after attempting to print a calibration circle, its clear that the right end is somehow a few millimeters lower than it should be.

2. Patrick Ryan

Patrick Ryan Member

Turn the lead screws by hand until it seems even side to side

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

And if that does not cure it then one of the Z switches is slightly out of place.

Patrick Ryan likes this.
  4. aznhlfan

aznhlfan Active Member

Also check the y axis switches to make sure they didn't come loose. I'm pretty sure (as on my 2 R1 plus +) that the hotend just has a quick release bracket, not screwed in.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

5. mclemens7

mclemens7 Member

Use two decks of cards or any two things that are the same height and then lower both sides by hand and make it until both sides are pressing against the cards, then go into which ever software you have controlling your printer and raise it 10 so it will be even and you can take the cards out.