1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Mainboard not connected & other frustrations...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Ian Kobe, May 11, 2017.

1. Ian Kobe

Ian Kobe New Member

Hello all,
    I decided to do what I should have done from the start: ask the community!
    I backed the original kickstarter offering of the R1, and I was more than happy to back the second campaign.
    I pledged for the c2. It arrived last month and I was thrilled...with the ONE PRINT i have made with it.
    I've been trying to print and no matter how i sent the file (octoprint, usb, etc.) things start to print and then I get a "mainboard not connected" error. I've sliced in both cura and simplify 3d. same results every time.
    Tech support has been no help. I actually received this as a reply:

Judging from first email, It looks like he has a “Error: MINTEMP triggered, system stopped!”. This can mean either of 3 things:
    1) the thermistor is unplugged or malfunctioning
    2) the extruder is unplugged or malfunctioning
    3) the mainboard is malfunctioning.

that's it! no instruction or offer to correct the situation.
    It's like a firetruck showing up to your house fire and saying, "yeah...she's a burning alright!"

Has anyone experienced any issues with the mainboard not connected issues or the above error code?

I've updated all my frimware, physically checked all connections, and i'm still at a loss.
    Thanks in advance for any input or ideas you may have.

2. Joe Clark

Joe Clark New Member

I had to remove my hotend to get to some jammed filament, and when I plugged it back in, I got this message.
    Turns out the C2 has connectors for 2 hotends and set of sensors, and I plugged mine in to the wrong set.
    Moved the cables, and the problem went away.

Geof likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yea, while correct at the technical level they need to switch to a more consumer oriented support :)
    On the C2 in particular this is not an easy thing to troubleshoot. You can remove the hotend as @Joe Clark suggests and sanity check the little JST plugs because getting one of them plugged in wrong it easy or -- just having one NOT BE SEATED correctly :) I did a thread with a tear apart of the extruder assembly if you need some hints on how to check those. Rather a pain to get to.

4. holmes4

holmes4 Member

My biggest gripe about the extruder is that the hotend clamp is poorly designed and allows the hotend to be held at an angle all too easily.

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Putting a second one in there was fun :) It DID help the alignment issues though. Not so easy to get it out of line.

Geof likes this.