1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Extruder Temp in App and How to clear printer cache?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Stera8, May 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stera8

Stera8 Member

Hello everyone.

This is my second C2 since my first one was busted. After emailing with Braydon for a few months, we swapped it out and it has been printing great so far but a few questions.

1. Right now I am printing from the app since I need a printer cable to hook it up to my computer. The one issue with the app is that I cannot change the extruder temp. Currently, I am using wood filament and I would like to see if it does get a bit darker. It seems a few of the options on the app do not work that great. Anybody have advice on how to change the extruder temp from the app?

2. Files- It seems that whenever I put a file on the flash drive, it does not show up for me when I plug it into the printer. My work around is that I upload all files to the google Drive and then it stores them all on the printer. Is there a way that I can clear the cache of files out from the printer?

3. Same error with the app whenever I want to place down a raft or supports, it won't let me.

Thanks for your help everyone. It is much appreciated.

#1 Stera8, May 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

1) If you slice with one built into OctoPi you are stuck with their profiles. You can create a new one in Cura and upload it, but I have not done that. Alternatively you can slice with any slicer on a computer and load the file over with the SD card (which leads to ...)
    2) You can only load sliced GCODE files from the SD ready to print (AFAIK--all other printers are this way but, to be honest, I have not spent any time experimenting with that. If you want to upload an STL you need to do that over wifi using the OctoPrint web interface and then have OctoPrint slice it.

I would suggest using an external slicer and just uploading the GCode

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

For your cache question -- upload some screenshots so I better understand the question.

4. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

Was there any particular reason why it took months of correspondence with the CEO to get a replacement printer?

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

You must be new here ;)

Geof likes this.
  6. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

No, I just want people to be more open with the shitty customer service they get.

7. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Huh, are you still here!

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  8. Stera8

Stera8 Member

I believe he was busy with the normal day to day business of a company. I didn't mind at all as he reached out to me after seeing my review. Not many CEOs would even care. I give him a lot of credit and I respect him a lot for following through.

I could see it as annoying if I was a business, but for me the 3D printer is just a hobby.

9. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

WAIT...WHO? LOL

That is pretty fantastic outlook on a bad situation.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  10. Stera8

Stera8 Member

Marking this on solved. When I click on each file on the printer, I can then go to settings and delete the file off the printer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.