1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

My Youtube video of my R2 in action

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by pclabtech, Jun 1, 2017.

1. pclabtech

pclabtech Active Member

https://youtu.be/kGMm5wH-OCw

Even though I was backer #17 I was able to get the first box from their warehouse (After reading others that received their printers with unscrewed pieces and broken doors, I am glad I picked it up myself)

Enjoy the video. I will post more pictures when I can. I printed a standing Yoda, and the Chihuahua from thingiverse. I presently am printing a chocolate logo I designed for a local chocolate factory using chocolate colored plastic... 15 hours for a logo the size of the build plate... sheesh!!!

2. Todd Wessendorf

Todd Wessendorf Active Member

Where did you read about other's issues? I don't see anything here about it. Was it the KickStarter page?

3. pclabtech

pclabtech Active Member

Yes, the KS page has posting of small issues like screws on the build platform untapping during shipping and broken hinges on unsecured front doors... but as you see in my video, out of the box, the thing had a spool of blue tape and 1,000,000 zip ties to undo in order to use the printer, including 4 on the lower bolts under the build plate. So I have no idea what happened to the other people that got their printers, unless it was user error and they are blaming it on the lack of packaging. I must live a blessed life.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. pclabtech

pclabtech Active Member

5. supercazzola

supercazzola Active Member

Thank you for sharing the video. If you make another one, could you narrate it a bit more? the music was nice, but I would appreciate your comments about things now that you have had it for a few days.

Geof and WheresWaldo like this.
  6. pclabtech

pclabtech Active Member

Added another youtube video. I am guessing they fixed timelapse as my latest creations actually recorded... Here is a screw and a nut.

Geof likes this.
  7. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Glad the timelapse is working...you have alot of empty boxes ;)