1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Cura 2.5 fails after install

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Timothy Tiller, Jun 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timothy Tiller

Timothy Tiller New Member

I downloaded Cura 2.5 from the robo website and when I try to run it it won.t giving an error saying no disk in drive D. they it freezes my computer.
    Running Windows 10 Pro.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. Timothy Tiller

I deleted 2.5 and reloaded 2.3 but there is no printer profile for the R2, just the C2.

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

The differences are the bed heat and the X/Y/Z size limits. I bet you can edit the C2 profile and save it off to match your R2.

Geof likes this.
  5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Did you try the solution someone posted in that thread?

"Found a solution. Go into disk management (dskmgr.msc, or simply search "disk management" in the start menu), find drive [​IMG] in the bottom half of the window, right-click > change drive letter and paths > select [​IMG] in the list and click remove. Afterwards you shouldn't get the error anymore. For some reason, Cura just cant accept that my SD card reader is empty and that it should give up on trying to read from it."

6. AlienBeans

AlienBeans Active Member

When I attempt to download Cura 2.5 for Robo from the Robo site, Avast flags it as a virus. I set it as an exception to download it, but when I double click to run it, it flags it again and deletes the file. I am guessing this is a false positive on the part of my Avast, but need to be sure before I continue.

Also it seems ridiculous for the documentation to tell you to load the Software from the included USB drive or go Here (insert website to download), yet when you open the USB drive, all it is, is a link to download it. It would be so much easier to just have this actually loaded on the USB drive like the documentation says it is.

7. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

For a product that new anything they could put on the USB drive at production time would have about 100% chance of being outdated when you receive it and need redownloading anyway, all it would to is lose both some of your and support's time.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Bingo. Cura changes frequently as do most of the other free slicers (this is usually an improvement, but not always)

9. pclabtech

pclabtech Active Member

Yes, anti viruses (Like Symantec, and also windows defender) marked Robo's Cura 2.5 as a "Reputation" virus (which only means the software version is new and untested) If you trust Robo, just place it in the "allow this instance to run" and let it install.

10. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Not Robo's software -- So do you trust Ultimaker :)

Geof likes this.
  11. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

It is confusing because there are a lot of 'names' in play. There is the printer manufacturer, the firmware maker, the software vendor and that doesn't count the modeling software or slicer
    ;)

Getting a 'team' that all plays well together can be a challenge

Geof likes this.
  12. bdk127

bdk127 New Member

ok. loaded Cura 2.5 and get the error that "VCRUNTIME140.dll" is missing. this is for windows 10

13. Timothy Tiller

Yep did that and it works, need to fine tune the settings to get a good first layer, I think I am making progress. Thanks.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  14. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

That is a windows issue in that some of the service packs removed this and the software that installed should replace it with a newer version. If you Google search that you will see that this is not a totally unheard of problem for Windows 10.

However, not a Robo issue :) They might be suggesting Cura, but they do not write or support it directly. You can give their support a ring they may have a solution. Or ... try a different slicer/host program

Geof likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.