1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Getting Started Robo 3d R1+

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mothman, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Mothman

Mothman New Member

I acquired a robo 3d r1+.. for free from a friend that was hardly used. I've used these forums extensively to troubleshoot the printer and I got it printing.. for a while. Now it'll stop extruding properly mid way through a print, could be 5 minutes, could be an hour. It'll just stop extruding and sometimes I will find a zig-zag like jam where the hex bolt feeds the filament into the extruder. I honestly think my issue is being ignorant and using matter control. I have been watching NoviceExpert's videos on youtube and other's along with reading other's issues on this forum(s). I honestly think I should switch to Cura but the version that is available is 2.5 and there aren't really any settings besides the older post from 2015. Which I think still translates the same.

All in all I wanted to post and see if anyone has any references or direction to steer me to appropriately get my printer running.

Thank you in advance.

2. aznhlfan

aznhlfan Active Member

Try cura 15.04, and the extruding stopping, I think is because the yellow fuse on the ramps board heats up, and shuts the extruding off. After it cools, it should start extruding again, but it won't start where it left off. A cure is to put a larger and more efficient fan blowing on the ramps board. The small fan that Robo installs on the machine is inadequate.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. Mothman

Mothman New Member

I've seen people building "feet" for their robo 3d which elevate it off the desk and allow for better airflow.
    You think that'd be a good idea or a waste of time?

aznhlfan likes this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Can't hurt :)
    If the large gear is still trying to turn and extrude then it is something else (heat creep maybe) but if it is completely stalling out that fan/fuse is the most likely problem.

aznhlfan likes this.
  5. aznhlfan

aznhlfan Active Member

I have 2 R1+ plus printers, i have printed feet for both. But I don't believe that alone will solve the problem. Thingverse has a great fan projects available.

6. Mothman

Mothman New Member

This the kind of set up we are talking about? I really don't want to mess this up worse :)

7. aznhlfan

aznhlfan Active Member

That is one way, yes