1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Support Material Prints

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by GATed73, Jun 17, 2017.

1. GATed73

GATed73 New Member

Has anyone found settings that play nice with support material? I'm having a hard time with support material coming out very stringy, being very difficult to remove, leaving stringy bits. Even build plate adhesion is proving very difficult to remove. I'm using the stock filament that came with the R2. Using Cura for Robo, but do have Simplify 3D (just haven't sat down yet to learn how to properly use it).

Any tweaks that have proven successful?

Thanks.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Try increasing the interface distance, that should help with separating the support from the model.

GATed73 likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Simplify3D does this perfect out of the box 99% of the time.

Ed Ferguson likes this.
  4. GATed73

GATed73 New Member

That worked very well. I changed support Z distance from .16mm to .2mm and the result is much better.

Thanks!

5. Ed Ferguson

Ed Ferguson Active Member

I agree with what Mark said above. Start using your Simplify 3D. There's not much of a learning curve.

The Robo R2 prints (with "Generate Support" checked) I have made so far came out great. Support material pulled away easily.

Also, I'm getting even better results over the Robo blue PLA with MakerGeeks PLA (mine is silver). Using 225 degrees on the MakerGeeks PLA.

mark tomlinson likes this.