1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Pi Camera

Discussion in 'Projects' started by mark tomlinson, Feb 16, 2017.

1. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

Here's the Pi NoIR enclosure which I just designed. It's printing now, in white PLA. I bought several of these medium-sized suction cups at Ace Hardware UPC 037063013418. The back of the enclosure is supposed to fit on the suction cup to hold it to the inside blue plastic on the left side of the Robot C2. I'm thinking that I probably shouldn't have used 100% infill since it's thicker than I remember.
    SuctionCup.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Stera8

Stera8 Member

3. Stera8

Stera8 Member

4. OutsourcedGuru

Not bad for one of my first designs on Autodesk Fusion 360. Seems to be a good fit all around. Was worried about the front/back box fitting being too smooth (and falling apart under operation) but the supports "fixed" that problem. ha And yet, I may end up "hot-gluing" the sides with white PLA just to make sure that it doesn't pop off accidentally.

Note that I'll still need to order the $4 longer cable from Adafruit for this but you get the idea. I didn't jam the lid on here since I wasn't sure if it would be easy to remove it.
    IMG_0116.jpg IMG_0117.jpg IMG_0118.jpg IMG_0119.jpg IMG_0120.jpg IMG_0121.jpg IMG_0122.jpg

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

6. OutsourcedGuru

I love the ApplePi-Baker software on OS X. Did a write-up for that earlier. It's like... five times faster than `dd`. There's some kind of subtlety between /dev/disk1 versus /dev/rdisk1—the former seems to have some kind of safety mechanisms that make writing to an external device take forever. This ApplePi-Baker appears to talk to the device interface which doesn't use that so you save lots of time.

7. OutsourcedGuru

8. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

For the new members reading this thread, the 18 inch cable is perfect. 12 inch is too short, IMHO.

mark tomlinson likes this.