1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Hello from WV/MD

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by Seamus, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Seamus

Seamus Member

Hello, there.

I received my R2 at the beginning of June, and have been enjoying using it for fun, hobbies, and problem-solving.

This is not my first 3D printer - I previously had a (very) basic printer that I got to try out the technology, knowing that they had cut corners in design and implementation to bring costs down. All of those cut corners added up, and although I was neither impressed nor surprised when that old printer crapped out beyond my ability or willingness to repair it after only a year of use, I had learned enough to know that I'd get plenty of use out of a better machine, so I pulled the trigger on the R2.

So far, I've been fairly happy with my R2, even considering a few glitches, most of which have been quick and easy to resolve. (I'd love to get a new printbed assembly, to work around the pogo-pin problem non-intrusively)

So far it's been mostly game bits, a handful of bits for work, and some parts for a robotics/automation project. I'm cautiously expanding my experiments beyond the previous limits of what I could and couldn't print, and having fun exploring the capabilities of the new printer.

r2_prints.jpg

Ed Ferguson, Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello, welcome to the forum!

4. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

Hey, Seamus.

That's not some sort of fractionating/distillation column, is it?

5. Seamus

Seamus Member

Not quite.
    Manifold valve for an automated watering system.

Geof likes this.
  6. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

I like it.
    Down in Peru we had a cooking oil -> biodiesel rig and we had all sorts of (manual) lead-offs like that from a main pipe. One of these days I'd like to write an automated version.