1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

C2 Restore Image

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TransBat, Jul 1, 2017.

1. TransBat

TransBat Member

I've lurked these forums for along time, and if anyone has some time, I would appreciate some help. After having MANY, MANY issues with my Kickstarter C2, the Robo support team stepped up and agreed to replace my original C2 (filament sensor never there, extruder/z-axis would not stay set and put divots in my bed, replaced touchscreen, etc etc).

I received my replacement C2 unit a few weeks back, and I finally had a chance to set it up today. And of course, I checked for new C2's firmware right after I place it on WiFi. I upgraded my original unit's firmware probably close to a dozen times, so I didn't think anything of it. The device completed it's upgrade routine, restarted, and then proceeded to hang on the Robo splash screen for the next 20+ minutes. I'm afraid my image on the Raspberry Pi might have been corrupted :(

Would anyone be able to help me obtain a recent factory image, or have another suggestion I could try? Thanks to everyone in this forum, I've learned lots about this machine and 3D printing from the numerous threads here. I just can't wait to be operational again (it's been many months since I have been able to 3D print).

2. colton81

colton81 Active Member

TransBat likes this.
  3. TransBat

TransBat Member

Thank you Colton! My apologies that I missed that link in the software section - should have gone through that area more thoroughly instead of just leaping into the troubleshooting forum and posting;)

4. TransBat

TransBat Member

I surely didn't intend to place this thread in the R2 forum. Would anyone be able to move this thread to the C2 Troubleshooting location?

5. TransBat

TransBat Member

Thanks to the thread colton pointed me to, and the file provided by OutsourcedGuru, my C2 has been updated to the newest Robo 1.6.1-C-2.0. Thus far, it is running great :)

6. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

I bought several microSD cards and have been burning along each upgrade (and major tweak session) since I'm lazy/impatient. ha It's just nice to know that if you're in a hurry you can bounce back a level with just a card swap.