1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered R1 will not go down on G28

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by John in MS, Aug 13, 2017.

1. John in MS

John in MS Active Member

My R2 had been working great for the past couple of months until today.

I noticed on my new print that the z was not lifting from the first level. I then attempted to do a G28 and the a world not lower . I have checked out the video on autoleveling buti can see that the switches are pressed. Any suggestions? Thanks

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

One or both of your Z switches is out of position and reading HOME all the time.
    They way they work is that they are normally held closed by the crossbar so if they get out of position then the crossbar is not holding them close and ... they read HOME :)

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Only one has to read HOME for the Robo to say it is already ON THE BED and hence will only go up.

So any time it only goes up there is your issue.

4. Thomas

Thomas Member

Closely inspect and compare from one side to the other your Z lead rods, particularly look at the brass nuts on each in relation to the plastic clamp around them and also in relation to the entire x axis. I bet you will find one side is off compared to the other. I had this very same thing happen to me just the other day. Loosen the clamps to free them from the brass nuts. Tiny screw on each clamp. Spin the brass until they are at the same height to each other then re-seat your x axis back down firmly onto the brass on both sides. Slip the clamps back on and tighten them back up around the brass. The same amount of brass should be visible on both sides. Check you didn't loosen the wires for the end stops on each clamp. Re do a bed leveling process a few times. Worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. John in MS

John in MS Active Member

Thanks I will try that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 John in MS, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2017