1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered I need Power

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Fred Williams II, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Fred Williams II

Fred Williams II New Member

OK, here is a new one for me. I have 4 of the R1+, the last arrived yesterday. I unboxed it and set it up and printed just fine. This morning, the power switch does not turn the unit on at all. I have never had this issue with any of the others. Is there a fuse somewhere or is it just a 'bad' power supply?

Thanks in advance

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

If I recall correctly there is a fuse behind a small cover next to the IEC Power Socket.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yes, there is a 5 amp fuse integrated into the plug housing that the A/C cords goes into on the printer.
    Remove the plug and look closely at the plug housing for (small font) instructions on how to pop-out the fuse carrier.
    If the fuse is blown, replace it. Otherwise you need a new power supply more likely than not (give Robo a call you should still be under warranty).

4. Fred Williams II

Thanks, found the fuse and all is in good shape....good thing I love this printer...

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If it is a bad power supply and you want a replacement quicker than Robo can provide it, they have that exact one on Amazon for about $25 dollars prime (so you can get it in 2 days). Then you can use the replacement from Robo as a spare :)

That is one Robo advantage -- parts are usually cheap and fairly easy to get

#5 mark tomlinson, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  6. Fred Williams II

Thanks, I have one on the way until I get one from them as a replacement. It is the power supply as I took one out of one of the others and wired it up and low and behold it turns on. :)

mark tomlinson likes this.