1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Community Favorite Marlin 1.1.7 Release for Robo R1, R1+PLUS & Variants

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by WheresWaldo, May 4, 2017.

1. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

I have the code changes for the R1/R1+ for 1.1.7 done. I just want to test it prior to posting it. I'm finishing some christmas prints today and hope to have it tested after. Like WW said, lots of UBL improvements and such. Even has skew correction that I am interested in testing.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

I am testing the skew correction right now on the R2, Marlin devs suggest using this model;
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2563185

[​IMG]
    There are actually two models one for X / Y and the other for X / Z (or Y / Z depending on orientation).

My suggestion is print it then do not remove it from the bed. Measure across the diagonals while is it still attached, that should give you the most accurate measurements.

danzca6 likes this.
  3. Joejsorrells

Joejsorrells New Member

Waldo, I verified those settings and I'm still getting an error.

4. Joejsorrells

Joejsorrells New Member

It the Pin error

5. Joejsorrells

Joejsorrells New Member

Error.PNG settings.PNG

6. danzca6

@Joejsorrells I was able to replicate this problem based on your selected Board on the image above. Arduino/Genuino Uno is not what you want. Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560 is the Board you need. Compiles just fine with that setup. Also, if you have the full graphics LCD enabled in Configuration.h, you will need to install the U8glib library installed. If you have the XXL LCD or no LCD, then you can uncomment that line in Configuration.h

#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER //[BH]

arduino.gif

mark tomlinson likes this.
  7. Joejsorrells

Joejsorrells New Member

I made those necessary changes and changed my baud rate to 9600 since I'm using a 9 year old laptop. I was successful in uploading it to my machine. I'm using the XXL screen from Printed Solid but I did take off that Graphics controller like you suggested. I did not change any other #define codes. Should I make any other changes in the coding to improve the bed leveling issue? I appreciate all of the help and any other suggestions you may have before I fire this thing back up. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

8. danzca6

If you are using the XXL, then change the following 2 lines in Configuration.h. Remove the // in front of the first, and add // to the front of the second. That will uncomment out the first and comment the second. The XXL won't work otherwise. There were a lot of improvements with the latest 1.1.7 release last week for UBL. I can post the changes for that tonight if you want to try it instead.

//#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER
    #define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER //[BH]

9. Joejsorrells

Joejsorrells New Member

I think I'll give 1.1.7 a try. THANKS for all of the help.

10. danzca6

OK. I'll put it into a rar file and post it tonight. I'll have is set for the XXL by default. Do you have a stock R1+ or do you have other updates than just the XXL LCD?

11. Joejsorrells

Joejsorrells New Member

I added a OEM E3D Hotend gold addition with the XXL screen. I also have a PEI sheet on there from Prusa. E3D.png PEI.png

12. danzca6

What no ruby nozzle? hahaha you went all out on that hotend. So the other change needed for you will to set the thermistor for the hotend to the e3d version. I'll call out that line for you when I post.

13. Joejsorrells

Joejsorrells New Member

Danz,
    I was thinking the gold one looked nice but too stupid to realize the whole thing is covered up after I bought it. It does come with a hardened nozzle Capricorn tube and improved heating element but it still was kind of a waste. I really appreciate everything your doing!! I feel completely ignorant when it comes to this stuff. I'm spoiled when it comes to my Prusa but I think the Robo has a lot of potential once I get it setup. From what I see you and Waldo really spend a ton of time helping people like me out. I really appreciate it.

#273 Joejsorrells, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  14. danzca6

Ok...here is the the Marlin 1.1.7 files setup for UBL bed leveling with an XXL LCD and the R1+ TR8 leadscrews. Look at the beginning of this thread for how to change the main options. If you are not comfortable with firmware modifications or bleeding edge tech, you may want to hold off. There is still a lot I need to test. With it being the holidays, I have little time to have my printer down for testing right now.

@Joejsorrells you will want to change line 291 of the Configuration.h to be 5 for your E3Dv6.
    #define TEMP_SENSOR_0 1 //--ROBO-BH Hexagon (stock) = 1, E3Dv6 = 5

Attached Files:

Tom Finzel likes this.
  15. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Dan thanks a bunch for picking up the torch on this one. Tools like Compare It! https://www.grigsoft.com/wincmp3.htm and Notepad++ https://notepad-plus-plus.org really make this job easier. The community really benefits from people like you, willing to help where help is needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Tom Finzel likes this.
  16. Joejsorrells

Joejsorrells New Member

Thank you Dan I will be uploading this soon.

17. danzca6

steps I would take after uploading would be to do a PID tuning of you hotend (especially since it is new) and the heat bed. The M303 command examples are in the Configuration.h file on lines 263 and 409. Update the firmware and upload again. Don't forget doing an M502 and M500 after firmware uploads. Then do an extrusion calibration. With a new hotend that is normally a good thing, but also a new firmware I always do that just in case. Let me know if you have questions and I will do my best to answer them.

18. Joejsorrells

Joejsorrells New Member

Dan I'm getting a board error and I think everything JS error.PNG seems right.

19. danzca6

Your setup looks right and you might be getting the same thing I chased my tail on for about an hour with last night. Ended up I had 5 instances of the IDE up and would get this error on some and not others. I ended up closing everything down and then opening again and it worked just fine. I just downloaded the rar and ran it in 1.8.5 of the Arduino IDE here and it worked.

20. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward New Member

Is this an update i can upload to a Robo 3d R1+ that has no other modifications except for additional fans? all i really need is to get past the 100 degree bed temp limit. all my looking into what i need to do has lead me here.