1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partially Solved Thermistor Brass Tube

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Marinecwo4@msn. com, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Marinecwo4@msn. com

Marinecwo4@msn. com New Member

What adhesive do I use to adhere the new thermistor to the inside of the brass tube that goes into the hot head. The old substance looks like a white chalk and crumbled when I removed the old broken thermistor. I have the new ones, but what to use something that will not melt once the hot head is heated up.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The thermistors used to replace them are already in a canister :)
    I always buy canister ones for the new E3D as well...
    Not sure what would be a good glue to use, it probably needs to be rated over 300c / 572f on a long-term basis.

Geof likes this.
  3. supercazzola

supercazzola Active Member

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Robo hexagon is a "non found" aftermarket. You have to get them from Robo. Request a few spares from them, they may send them to you.

I wouldnt ... I'd just replace. The entire assembly is like 5.00 (use to be in the Robo store). Just pick up a few. If not listed contact them and ask for spares.

5. supercazzola

They seem to not have them, and only the entire hotend 24v assembly. Figured if it was easy enough, I could swap out the thermistor in the metal sleeve.

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Then they should send you a spare hotend eh :D keep poking them. They will sell them seperately. When I bought my + back when I bought 10 qty thermistor to keep the hexagons running (before swapping to an E3D). POKE THAT BEAR

supercazzola likes this.
  7. Marinecwo4@msn. com

Marinecwo4@msn. com New Member

I sent an email asking the question about the thermistor and a tech rep called me at about 9 pm. He said he would mail me a thermistor free and it arrived the next day. Plugged it in and started printing. Problem resolved, although I would love to have a couple on stand by for future burn outs.

8. supercazzola

It seems the big issue is the size of the brass tube the thermistor is in. If I break a few thermistors (wires or the actual thermistor itself), why not have a few spares that could go in the brass enclosure, then tightened down by set screw. The high temp gasket silicon material should be an easy find.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro