1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Robo R2 Filament Cleaner

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Shrey, Jan 20, 2018.

1. supercazzola

supercazzola Active Member

What kind of oil do you recommend ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Canola

Shrey and supercazzola like this.
  3. supercazzola

Any chance you can add some small lip or something that will hold the sponge in? Mine seems to always fall out.

Or if you have made it with Fusion 360, would you share it with me, and I can try and mod it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

If he used Fusion 360 and has access to A360 web views there is a way in Fusion 360 to give a public link and allow downloading. I know sometimes we want to keep our work private, but other times it is good to share. To do this in Fusion 360, just right click on the model you want to share from the list of models in your repository, no need to load the model. A floating menu will appear, select Share Public Link and a dialog box will pop over the modeling area, there a link is presented. If you just want to show people what the model looks like just choose the first checkbox, 'Share the latest version with anyone using the public link'. If you want to allow people to download their own version, select the second checkbox also, 'Allow item to be downloaded'.Copy and paste the link where appropriate.

The nice thing about the shared link is that Autodesk has translators for various 3D modeling formats so you can usually find a type to import even if you don't use Fusion 360. Also the link is always the latest version of the model, so if there are changes made there is no need to repost the link.

Shrey and mark tomlinson like this.
  5. Shrey

Shrey Active Member

I have no problem sharing the file I’ll have it up as soon as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Shrey

Shrey Active Member

I've tried adding the lip but it will require you to use supports, after a little try i was able to create an add on that clips to the area where the foam is. I'm including the stl. file for that if you still require the original file after that let me know i will post the shared link for it. IMG_3570.JPG

Attached Files:

#26 Shrey, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    supercazzola and mark tomlinson like this.
  7. Shrey

Shrey Active Member

I've also added V2 version of the foam holder on my thingiverse that let's you pull the holder back out with ease.
    IMG_3579.JPG

supercazzola likes this.
  8. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

@Shrey can you post the Fusion 360 file here so people who want to modify it can do it themselves.

Shrey likes this.
  9. Shrey

Shrey Active Member

Sure I will post in the morning

mark tomlinson likes this.
  10. Shrey

Shrey Active Member

11. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

@Shrey that is exactly what I am talking about. That link will never change unless you delete this item from your repository. So if you ever decide to mod it again, a new trip to that link will get the latest version. It is a neat and valuable Autodesk Fusion 360 perk.

12. Shrey

Shrey Active Member

I will keep that in mind for any future mods or projects

13. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

For the most part, my personal thought process is this: If it helps other R2 / C2 users post the downloadable model. I can't think of everything, and sometimes the way I might model something is not the way someone else would. Also you can learn from looking at the timeline feature of F360 if you download the Fusion 360 version. Other 3D modelers can use the other solid model file formats.

STL files suck to alter.

14. Shrey

Shrey Active Member

Yeah I understand, with mods I have no issue sharing the original file if it was my own creation It would be little bit trivial matter. But overall if it helps I have no problem sharing.

15. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

One more point regarding my personal thoughts. I don't want to modify the part forever. So I would rather other people modify for their own needs. I just move on when it is good enough for my use.

16. Shrey

Shrey Active Member

Same for me right now the part is perfect for uses in terms of filament cleaner. I’ve had no clogging issue since.

17. supercazzola

@Shrey Thank you for making the clips. I am printing one of each. Is the second one just easier to remove? Will the first one work too ?

18. Shrey

Shrey Active Member

@supercazzola the one with clip is easier to remove but they both work without my issues but I like to change the foam or add oil every 2 weeks or so.

19. supercazzola

EDIT: just printed the clips. A suggestion would be to add a hole in the clip so you can still add oil when they are on.

20. Shrey

Shrey Active Member

I thought about it but it would be easier to remove the clip oil through the hole in the back give the foam squeeze and put the clip back on, I will edit one and put one with hole as well on thingiverse by tonight