1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Filament only extrudes with matter control

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Paul Arnold, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Paul Arnold

Paul Arnold Member

I've been using Matter Control, Cura, and Simplify 3D. All with success, but I find different models may print better with one over the other.

All of a sudden, with Cura and Simplify, my printer does not feed filament into the hot end. The motor and gear do not turn at all. Matter control works flawlessly.

I am completely baffled by this!

I am now in the middle of a print, but my only thought is that I lowered the extruder temp on both Cura and Simplify to 180 degrees. Is there a fail safe that won't extrude if the temp is too low?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

2. Paul Arnold

Paul Arnold Member

lol, what a dope I am. It was the temperature being set too low, just changed it to 200 in Simplify and it's printing perfectly.

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I cant count the times I've done sillier things :D glad your up and running

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

My problem that shows up regularly is that I will slice a print forgetting that I sliced a test layer the day before and I will upload the G-Code print it and then realize I set the profile to one layer only. S3D does some really dumb things, I have Save and restore application state UNCHECKED, but S3D insists that some things are saved and that every single edit to a profile is precious and must be highlighted, Reverting a temp change in the profile also leaves the (modified) line intact. I really wished it wouldn't do that.

I am glad you got it sorted out.

Geof likes this.