1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Revit file into 3d printable file

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rp7degirmenjian, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Rp7degirmenjian

Rp7degirmenjian New Member

hey
    is anyone here working with revit?how can i transfer revit file into file that robo printers can read?
    and which one is the best printer to buy for 3d printed architectural maquet?R1 + or C2?
    and is it necessary to use only robo materials ? or can i use another materials with robo printers?

thank you in advance

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

HI there,
    I dont use Revit files. You really want a 3D model (.step, .stl, .obj etc etc). The quality of your 3D printed architectural maquet will depend on how well you get your slicing done. Do you know what materials you want to print with? The C2 does not have a heat bed so will be a mainly PLA machine. The R1+ machine has a heatbed but a totally open frame so without an enclosure and some work ABS is out (enclosures available from @Printed Solid ). You can use any 1.75mm filament brand you'd like, you are not required to use Robo brand PLA but that is what they say they make their slicing default profiles for so you will have a bit of tweaking to get the desired quality (this is with any machine).

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Unbeliever! There are actually other filaments you can do without a heated bed and if you add something like BuildTak or PEI that list gets even longer :) PLA is just 'easier'

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

lol I've done other materials on it, but if you go with ABS, ASA, XT, NGEN etc (probably not for architectural) you will WANT a heatbed read bad :D

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If you are printing ABS on a Robo you need to reconsider your life choices ;)

Sure, sure, some folks make it work... I even did, but never again.

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

R2 does it quite well! (moot point since the R2 isn't an option above, just saying)

But yes R1+ with no enclosure....I will cry for you lol.

mark tomlinson likes this.