1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Wiring psu to board

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shrey, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Shrey

Shrey Active Member

let me be clear i have no experience with what i'm trying to do. I currently have the S-360-12 psu, and the board i have on the delta is the MKS Base 1.5V. I've looked at few videos on how to wire it with switch module with fuse. Now the main issue i'm having problem with is at near the end in the video there are 4 cables going out into the ramps board. I guess the bigger thing i would like to know is how would i go about doing that with the controller board i have.

I've order the inlet module, and i will pick up the fuse from home depot or something once i have it figured out what amp fuse i will need based on the video i'm fairly certain i can go with similar fuse. Any help is appreciated.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The A/C switch and fuse just go between the wall outlet and the power to the unit.
    SO you come off of the terminals for the switch block to the power supply. Most of those A/C plug blocks have a fuse internally (just like the R1 series does on the plug block).

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

4. Shrey

Shrey Active Member

My biggest concern was initially the wiring that goes into the board but after all day searching around and finding few other videos, and little bit more understanding figured few things out. As for what fuse i need i will work on that tomorrow. But over all thank you

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Oh, you mean the DC from the power supply to the board.

Should not be too bad.

Looks like it takes a standrd 12-24 on the two inputs (each has a ground too) -- bottom left in pic:

176304-8.jpg

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

If you fuse the A/C input I am not sure you buy much by fusing the DC from the power supply. Can't hurt :)

7. Shrey

Shrey Active Member

Alright so in terms of wiring i have it all figured out, now the only thing that i can't seem to figure out is the gauge of wire that i will need for wiring inside inlet module, along with the wiring that goes from the psu to the board.

8. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

From a safety standpoint, that ground prong at the top of the receptacle should also be connected to the chassis ground somewhere on the printer inside.

Ground.jpg

9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

These charts will help:

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/amps-wire-gauge-d_730.html