1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Used Flashforge Dreamer

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JustinDS89, Apr 19, 2018.

1. JustinDS89

JustinDS89 Member

Hello!

I have a used Flashforge Dreamer with some upgrades I am looking to sell since I now have a Robo R2.

Anyone interested or know of a good place to sell it besides here?

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

what you lookin to get for it?

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Maybe eBay -- most folks here already have printers :) Some (like @Geof ) have several ;)

JustinDS89 likes this.
  4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I think ebay and craigslist are the two big hitters for selling off used printers, the shame of selling machines off is you get less than half of "new price" and the real unfortunate part is the dreamer is old enough that you'd likely get more like 20 to 30% shipped of the new price. Sucks but 3D Printers just have low to no resale value. Why I horde them lol. I end up buying machines that I give to a local school or edu institution that doesn't have them now lol.

JustinDS89 likes this.
  5. JustinDS89

JustinDS89 Member

Ah okay haha, I was afraid of that. It doesn't surprise me though. Was just wanting to get something for it.

It does have the Flexion Extruder upgrade done to it which is pretty costly, but I know that probably won't add much value in the end.

Honestly I wasn't sure how much to expect for it so I'm not really certain the value of it as I haven't really seen any others used to compare to.

I'm open to offers or suggestions on what a decent valuation would be. Just want to recoup a bit of what I have into it.

Thanks for the replies!

6. JustinDS89

JustinDS89 Member

I may end up trying eBay. I was thinking I may be better off though if there was a site that was kind of geared towards 3d printing. The ones I have found have little to no activity though as far as selling/buying them.

7. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

To be totally honest it will likely cost around 50-100 bucks to ship. If it were a deal between you and I I'd offer 200.00 shipped (and not much care how long the shipping took to get to me to try to help get a lower cost from shipping companies on the sellers end). You may fair better with craigslist or ebay but its a crap shoot. Ebay even if it doesn't sell you lose some money in the auction so I dont use Ebay as a seller. Just my preference. Craigslist, at least in my area, is pitiful. Zero hits on multiple machines that were all in perfect working order.

I hope thats all helpful information

8. JustinDS89

JustinDS89 Member

Yes, that helps out quite a bit, but not really what I was hoping to hear haha.

I will try Craigslist and see if I can't get any interest.

Really hate to sell it online for a few hundred and end up paying shipping of 50-100. It is hardly worth it at that point.

9. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

100% agree my friend. Some people have great luck selling things. Really clean it up, wipe it down, go on about how easy and cheap it is to use, offer continued contact so they can know they can get some help, include some filament and a scraper etc and you might do pretty well.

JustinDS89 likes this.
  10. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If you sell it via eBay or other online service make sure that you simply include shipping as a part of the final cost (which will vary a bit based on location).

Geof likes this.
  11. JustinDS89

JustinDS89 Member

Decided to keep it. I did some modifications too it and it prints even better than it use to.

Geof likes this.