1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Anyone feel like sharing some pics!!

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by Geof, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I dont believe so....or so i tell my lady haha

mark tomlinson likes this.
  2. tracksyde

tracksyde New Member

Nice collection, Geof. If you had to pick one, which one?

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Depends on the need/material. Each machine has its strong points and low points :) what are you after build size, material, etc and I can narrow it down some

4. S1hane

S1hane New Member

@Geoff

Is that amazonbasics ABS filament? How do you like it?

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey @S1hane im not sure what your referring to but I haven’t used any of the amazon filament yet. Are you looking for some different ABS to try ?

6. S1hane

S1hane New Member

New to this. Yeah I have some hatchbox ABS and it's pretty low (210c) temp recommended. I read folks have an easier time with the higher temp ABS that is recommended at like 240-260c. I just ordered some of the amazon stuff so I'm excited to see how that works.

I also tried some monoprice pla and some of that expensive polymax stuff. They both print really well with the fans on high but I appreciate the low cost, high temp resistance and post processing of ABS.

7. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Is there any particular reason your wanting to use ABS ? I only ask because it’s quite difficult to print with, even more so when new to printing.

I’m not aware of any real ABS that prints at 210, I’ve used hatchbox and it’s more 230-250 range

8. S1hane

S1hane New Member

I'm brand new to this and I understand it's very cheap to buy. So that's basically how I got started with it. Most of the parts I'm making I am doing the acetone post-processing and they turn out pretty smooth. I think there are other filaments that you can do that with but they cost a lot more? I dunno.

Based on the temp that I am most successful printing on hatchbox abs, I wonder if it is real ABS then? Here's the product page:

https://hatchbox3d.com/collections/abs/products/3d-abs-1kg1-75-wht

I've been printing larger parts with 195c @ 50mm/sec. It does hold up well to heat and warping has been the biggest challenge. After setting up a little heat lamp to keep the air inside of the build area warm, that problem has largely gone away. Did some fan shrouds with it and they haven't warped or anything, yet.

Supposed to have the higher temp abs on Tuesday so I wonder if that changes everything. This is the first spool I've ever ran through outside of some smaller prints on polymax.

#48 S1hane, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  9. CdRsKuLL

CdRsKuLL Member

Wow Geof,

V.nice printer collection you have there! I've sold quite a few lately as it was just getting too much, no room and wife was going nuts. I still have maybe 6 or 7 and getting a R2 and a Dremel 3D45 next week I think..

My latest project.. adding a Touchscreen with R2 frontend / pi etc plus a new motherboard on this old girl, she still prints fantastic!
    jg14.jpg

Then there are a few others...
    old printers.jpg

Also got a MK3 Prusa.. Don't think my wife has noticed that one... shhh .

Geof likes this.
  10. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks @CdRsKuLL . One day I'll update this thread with everything after the move and getting rid of/acquiring machines and the what not. I had actually mostly forgotten about this thread again :D

CdRsKuLL likes this.
  11. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Active Member

I saw somebody cut a plastic tub in half on Thingiverse to make an enclosure. Cabinet magnets are used to connect it.

A Flexion extruder with a custom mounting bracket replaces the Greg's - Wade extruder.

Attached Files:

WheresWaldo likes this.
  12. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Active Member

13. Danfan

Danfan New Member

This is my first time to try posting a photo. Hope I get this right...

Here is my setup. The I did have my printer set up on an old paper printer stand. When I got the PrintDry, I knew I needed to finally organize the mess. So I bought the free standing wire shelving.

IMG_4091.JPG

mark tomlinson likes this.