1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Hot end issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Ray DeMarco, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Ray DeMarco

Ray DeMarco New Member

I am trying to replace my hot end and it does not seem to fit. I have a Robo R1+ I purchased a E3D V6. Any thought or suggestion.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. Ray DeMarco

Ray DeMarco New Member

I bought a E#D V6 from Matthackers so I guess I need to call them back to get this peace as they did not sent it

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

It is not something that comes with an E3D normally, but @Printed Solid is a member and knows this printer. Nobody else is going to carry it, you need to print it yourself or someone on here can print it for you. Actually Matt (PrintedSolid) may sell you one standalone for a few bucks, email him on his website and tell him you want to buy just the quick-release plate. Be the quickest way to get it. If one of us print it for you we have to print it and then mail it :) He likely already has some ready to ship.

Geof likes this.
  5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Ditto. If you need one printed and shipped pm one of us.

6. Ray DeMarco

Ray DeMarco New Member

I need one but a bigger question is the E3D does not even fit into the assembly to lock into place. So I may not even have the correct peace. How can I find some one i my area to maybe come over and assist me.

7. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey Ray,
    I'm unsure of anyone in MO that is active right now. I'm a bit of a drive in Illinois but if you needed to make the trip I can certainly assist you. Did you follow the guide on the E3DV6 upgrade in the mods and upgrades section?( Stickied to the top area of mods and upgrades). If I recall correctly, you have to drill out some room in stock gregs wade set up for the PTFE tube as well as the top of the hotend. That along with the quick release all should fit well. There is also the option of reprinting the carriage, but I have not done that previously. Just updated "manually" the current carriage.

8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Yes the hole from the hobbed bolt to the top of the hotend is almost exactly 4mm (slightly less perhaps) and needs to be drilled out just a small amount to allow a 4mm OD PTFE tube to fit. a 3/16" bit will actually work since it gives you just a bit larger hole (4mm = 0.16" approximately and 3/16 = .1875") Certainly will fit :)

Geof likes this.
  9. Ray DeMarco

Ray DeMarco New Member

Great I could come to you Sunday if you have time. I just also found an original one that should fit my machine.

R

10. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

11. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey sorry Gents, bit of a crazy day yesterday. Yes Sunday would work fine, PM me and we can sort everything out and I can print whatever we need ahead of time

12. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Bump