1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Stumped! Extruder Problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Randy Merrell, Feb 20, 2019.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

CONFIGURATION.H

this line:

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80,80,xxxxx,723.38}

Where xxxxx =
    #define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80,80,800,723.38} // default steps per unit for RoBo 3D R1+ (leadscrews)
    #define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80,80,2560,723.38} // default steps per unit for RoBo 3D R1 (8mm threaded rods)
    #define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80,80,2267.72,723.38} // default steps per unit for RoBo 3D R1 beta (5/16 inch threaded

Geof likes this.
  2. Randy Merrell

Randy Merrell Member

I'll take some pictures. I think I'm ready to start printing. I moved the switch post to the center post. Giving it the opposite effect. I have home set and everything looks good. I have a lot going on right now. I hope to print something in a few days.

3. Randy Merrell

Randy Merrell Member

When I bought it the R1 did not have a heated bed, the R!+ had a heated bed. Mine has a heated bed.

Geof likes this.
  4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

The kickstarters were the only version to not have a heated bed. R1 has heat bed with invidual wiring, the R1+ has a heatbed with a ribbon cable. That and the R1+ logo instead of R1 on the glass bed are the only real indicators :D

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Clever hack :) Make sure you don't try to use the autoleveling with that one switch. You will not be happy with the results.

Geof likes this.
  6. Randy Merrell

Randy Merrell Member

I don't have auto leveling.

7. Randy Merrell

Randy Merrell Member

What did you want to see in the pictures?

8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Yea, R1 always had a heated bed -- the kickstarter beta had that as an option. At this point we are convinced you have a beta. We just wanted a picture of where the Z switch was mounted to confirm it. No worries.

Geof likes this.
  9. Randy Merrell

Randy Merrell Member

So now it touches down 9 places and tries to print about 3 inches in the air. I think the Arduino has the later software. Is there someplace that describes how to get the old software and load it?

10. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

11. Randy Merrell

Randy Merrell Member

What does it sound like to you? I want to get it working again. I value your advice. You've been so much help in this process.

12. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Honestly? Either a switch false-triggering or the slicing software has the wrong startup GCode.

The logic for the autoleveling is to touch the bed in the 9 spots and then calculate a level plane.
    If at some point in the sampling of the 9 places it sees a switch read open before the nozzle is on the bed, it will blow the calculations.
    Also the software generating the GCode (the slicer) may have something misconfigured (like a global Z offset).

Like I said, reloading the firmware will not hurt, but I would be a bit surprised if it helps :) Never say never though...

This concerns me:

If you have a beta then you should not be having it even do the 9 point sampling of the bed. THAT will never work with the Beta -- you need modifications first to convert it to an R1 at least

13. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

With the beta you manually level the bed and it just starts printing without the bed sampling.

14. Randy Merrell

Randy Merrell Member

I finally had some time to work on it again this morning. I switched the board back to the original and it's working. Thanks again to everyone for your help. It looks like the newer boards firmware has the bed leveling feature turned on. Even though I checked to make sure there was nothing in the G-code.

Geof likes this.