1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

General questions about my Robo R2

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by PineStudios, Mar 4, 2019.

1. PineStudios

PineStudios New Member

Hello everyone

I recently got my Robo R2 and as my first time using a 3D printer so I don't know what to expect, there are things that are a bit concerning but not sure if it's an issue or a normal thing.
    First when I started setting it up the printer made grinding noises, I found out that the X and the Y axis is moving in one direction too much and when they can't move any further they make grinding noises, is this normal?
    And second when I turned off my Robo R2 and after the screen where they said "flip the power switch when the screen goes black" the screen showed yellow stripes. is this also normal?

but nevertheless I am excited about using my Robo R2 and getting prints with it, thank you.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

The grinding noises aren't normal, my suggestion is to email Robo, set up a time with them to call you and have them walk you through setup, since it is brand new.

There can be some residual luminance in the type of screen used by the printer, it shouldn't be a problem if the yellow styrips goes away in a few minutes, but it should be mentioned to Robo also.

Please note that there are no Robo employees on this board, only volunteers and other Robo users.

Geof likes this.
  3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Sounds like your not triggering the home switches- agree with @WheresWaldo. With it being brand new I'd get them in on communication. We can certainly help you, but if warranty is needed- they are the people not us.

I've never shut down the printer that way, I've always flipped the power switch (I know...bad) but I'd imagine if while on the machine is good, your good.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Mine usually goes white so I imagine there is no real perfect answer :)

5. PineStudios

PineStudios New Member

Well the grining noise is gone because one of the rod is not placed correctly so yeah that's fixed
    also so when i turn it off it goes black then instantly having yellow lines (in vertical direction) and the black turns white