1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Contacting Robo?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Bryson, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Bryson

Bryson New Member

Has anyone been able to contact robo? I've sent several emails and made phone calls, but no response. Are they even a company anymore? I'm needing a replacement Ramps board as I've tried to use a standard one, but couldn't get it working.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. Bryson

Bryson New Member

Yeah we tried this and it started smoking the minute we powered it up. Those instructions aren’t very good and the pictures are terrible.

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

It is only a matter of relanding some wires. @Geof might have higher resolution pictures he can add, but the forum limits the size of photos which complicates things. Sounds like you crossed a ground to hot. Easy to do with the way the RAMPS boards have power bus and ground bus for the switches landed. Really easy...

You will not be able to get a Robo replacement RAMPS - even when they were responding they had none to provide. You can try their new replacement parts vendor and see if they have any or can source one to you:

https://www.partsbuilt.com/robo-parts/

Email them and ask.

Worst case try the swap again. It is doable, It has been done a few times that I know of :)

5. Bryson

Bryson New Member

Yeah we will any recommendations on a board? Bought a 7 dollar one amazon, seemed cheap. Willing to spend more. Has anyone else done this that can provide better instructions?

6. Bryson

Bryson New Member

Just FYI I talked with Jonah at partsbuilt.com and while they don’t have the board he is working on finding a supplier. I also asked about long term parts for the robo and his plan is to keep supplying them for as long as he can. So that’s some good news! But for now I’ll make another Ramps board work.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I have had mixed results with the standalone cards (they are <$15 and not quality parts regardless of where you buy them). I bought 4 once (from different sellers even) just to get ONE that actually worked.
    I have had less problems with any of the parts I used from the various all-in-one kits I bought from Amazon Prime. Those cost a bit more ($35 usually) but include all of the internal electronics boards. If you do end up with a bad one Prime sellers are going to make it right pretty quickly, but so far the few of those I have bought have not had any defective parts. .

8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry folks those are the only pictures and instructions. Sounds like a mislanded terminal to me or you gotta shorted board. If you follow the instructions exactly they will get you there, many many others have done it successfully it it’s quite easy to do it wrong, may want to get a 2nd set of eyes on what you’ve done before your next power up.

FWIW i have only bought the all in one kits on amazon, they seem to have better results than single boards

#8 Geof, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2019
    mark tomlinson likes this.