1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Cura 4.1

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Lance Weston, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Lance Weston

Lance Weston Active Member

I went and installed Cura 4.1. The compiled prints would randomly just pause for more than 20 seconds or sometimes just stop. I then tried load the STL using Robo Cura 2.5. It screwed up the filament feed and a ton of filament was fed out. I reloaded robo Cura 2.5. I then restarted Robo Cura 2.5 and loaded an STL file. The Robo Cura 2.5 now worked.

Does anybody have any experience with Cura 4.1. Is there something special I must do to eliminate the random stopping. And by stopping I mean that half an hour later it is still stopped.

2. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Which OS are you using?

3. Lance Weston

I am using windows 10. I got the printer straightened out by going System->Restart. I no longer fed tons of filament when using Cura for Robo 2.5. Cura 4.1 works with the exception that I can not set flow rate, so my prints look like sponges. I contacted Ultimaker and they told me that users make profiles for Cura. Don't know how to do that. I looked at the generated GCODE and it had G0 Fxxxxx which is the feed rate so I do not know why the Robo will not let the feedrate change.

#3 Lance Weston, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  4. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Ok. Just wanted to verify the OS before walking down the troubleshooting tree.

Open Cura, then the configuration menu (Preferences -> Configure Cura). Select the Printers in the left panel. Then click on Machine Settings & Extruder 1. Make sure the "Compatible Material" is set to 1.75 mm. Cura defaults to 3.0 which can throw off a lot of other settings. Then click on Profiles in the left panel. If you do not see any "Robo R2" profiles listed in the "Custom Profiles" area, you will need to download the factory profiles from Robo and import them into Cura. Instructions for getting and importing the profiles can be found in the Cura for MAC webpage.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. Lance Weston

If I do a search for Cura for MAC it just brings me back here. Do you have a link?

6. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

7. Lance Weston

I feel like a dummy. I found the extruder setting and sure enough it was not 1.75.

I found that I could just copy Progam Files->Cura for Robo->Resources->Definitions->robo_r2.def.json to the same place in Cura 4.1 and it now had the R2 profile.

thanks for the help