1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Hot end heating up when it’s not supposed to

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by gunsmoke132, Aug 8, 2019.

1. gunsmoke132

gunsmoke132 Member

i recently replaced my RAMPS 1.4 because I was having issues with my E stepper not working and jittering while all others were still working. It wasn’t the cable or driver or motor itself so I decided for 7 dollars to just replace the ramps. After replacing all the cables and bits exactly how it was before now the hotend heats up even when its not supposed to. I tested the transistors to see if any are shot but I don’t think I can find anything. I’m going to triple check the wireing to hopefully find something.

2. robert albrecht

is it for an R1 or an R1+
    for the R1+ it's not a direct swap there are a couple of difference.
    http://community.robo3d.com/index.p...and-rewiring-to-make-generic-ramps-work.8356/

But the heating up when it shouldn't I am having the same issue with my bed. Discussing with other members here we think it's a bad MOSFET so I just ordered a new board. You might be having the same issue..

3. gunsmoke132

gunsmoke132 Member

I took a look at the data sheet and I’m starting to think the same. So I’m just going to solder on the old fets on my new board

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sure, worth a shot.
    Last one I had a look at where Q3 was failed, it was more than just that FET that had died. I had to replace several other components as well and given the cost of the boards, that just wasn't cost effective time for me :)

If it is just the FET then not a big investment in parts or time.

5. gunsmoke132

gunsmoke132 Member

it was the fet

mark tomlinson likes this.