1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Nozzle help geeetech A20M

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by littleTrip, Oct 26, 2019.

1. littleTrip

littleTrip New Member

so i own a 3d printer geeetech A20m and i replaced the heatbed with a new one and on the new bed the wires broke off well i was printing so i put the old bed back on and when i turned on my printer it gave me a max temp error and now my nozzle wont heat up and the temp shows 357 for the nozzle the bed heats up just not the nozzle anyone have any ideas???

iv tryed changing the hotend and still nothing checked all the wires nothing

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

If you’ve done all that it sounds like a bad board. Disconnect the thermistor from the board, does it still show max temp ?

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

4. littleTrip

littleTrip New Member

when i unpluged the thermistor my temps changed now my hotend says 117 and the bed reads 122 well off and now i can heat my nozzle if i turn it right up and the bed dont do nothing

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

117 and 122 seem wrong (which is not a surprise if the thermistor is disconnected). If your temperatures still read incorrect with the thermistor connected then either the thermistor is bad or the control board. With the thermistor disconnected it should read quite low (higher resistance => lower temperature -- that is the idea with an NTC or negative temperature coefficient thermistor). Since you are reading still pretty high with it disconnected I'd suspect the board is faulty. Mind you, WIRING could be an issue and we never mentioned that :) You need to check the wires physically and make sure there are no breaks or bad connectors.

6. littleTrip

littleTrip New Member

im thinking its the board now when i unplug everything the temps still read the same 117/122 as when plugged in and i checked the wiring and it all seems fine to me i even put on a new hotend and still the same so im thinking the board

mark tomlinson likes this.
  7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Sounds right. You have eliminated most other bits.

Geof likes this.
  8. littleTrip

littleTrip New Member

well i was playing around with the wires and heard a spark by my hotend now nothing works :( if it was not fried its fried now lol no power to the fans or hotend i think i killed it screen dont even turn on anymore booooo im so glad this is not my only printer lol

9. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I would harp about probing electronics dead

Except I’ve done it too lol. Check the fuses if any are on the machine - if nothing works you likely blew a fuse

10. littleTrip

littleTrip New Member

im gonna check the fuse hoping thats all i did lol

Geof likes this.
  11. littleTrip

littleTrip New Member

iv changed the hotend and motherboard now my screen will only turn on to a blue screen and nothing else

12. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Did you load firmware ? If you attach to your pc can you see the device ?

13. littleTrip

littleTrip New Member

nothing done with firmware i was told all i would have to do was plug in and go lol do i need to upload firmware for the new board??? and yes if i plug it into the computer i can see the printer

#13 littleTrip, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    Geof likes this.
  14. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Can you control the printer over usb ? If so firmware is on the board. I don’t have that printer so I have no idea how their parts come. If controls work I’d power down and double check your connections

15. littleTrip

littleTrip New Member

the printer works i can use it with the USB when i plug it into the computer the only thing not working is the screen on the printer

16. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Normally there are two cables for a printers lcd- are you certain they are correctly plugged in ? Backwards and the screen won’t work. Like I said I don’t have that machine so can’t be sure the set up but worth a checj

17. littleTrip

littleTrip New Member

on my printer the A20M the screen only has 1 big wire its one of the flat wide wires

someone said to me the firmware could be wrong from the board i got and may need to redo it

18. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

That’s very possible, they may have the wrong screen selected or a library not loaded

your into a specific machine feature at this point and beyond ensuring the cable is correct and it’s not a contrast issue then I won’t be of much help since I don’t have one to reference what type of features the machine has installed

19. littleTrip

littleTrip New Member

my A20M is almost good to go haha well i got the screen fixed it was the firmware missing a u8glib file i got a hold of someone from geeetech and they said sometimes the new boards will delete the u8glib files for some reason and that i needed to add it and when i did boom it worked hehe

but now i got a new problem :-( my print bed motor wont move all it does is jerk and i no its not the motor i tested it and it works fine if i plug it into the other slots so now im stuck again lol

by the time im done i should have replaced everything on this printer lol good thing for my anycubic lol

20. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Sounds like the stepper driver isn’t outputting enough