1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Firmware not updating - WTF

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by adikted2astro, Nov 12, 2019.

1. adikted2astro

adikted2astro Active Member

Yeah I am thinking about switching to a BL Touch. But the modifications would be a challenge. I'd have to place it properly and securely and might even need to use the space occupied by one of the print fans. I've looked on the forum here and I can't find anyone who has done this mod on an R2; plenty info on the R1 and BL Touch though. I don't suppose you have done this mod on your R2? I don't have another printer so I'm stuck with using the R2 for now.

Anyways, glass usually works well for me as long as I home and perform G29 on a cold bed. But something is different now and I'm not sure what it is. I tried Garolite, but the piece I have is only 8" x 8" and it's just a huge PITA. I am looking into getting a 9" X 9" sheet though. I was impressed by how well PLA stuck to it and I didn't even use any glue stick or any other type of bed adhesion. The PLA sticks and holds when the bed is hot, then when it cools down, it just comes right off.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

8x8 is large for the R2 build size imo. You really need to make sure your first layer is dead on or you force a bit of overextrusion on the first layer to help it stick. Not saying it can’t be done- I do it all the time- just set up is key. Turn off auto level and give it a shot. You may be happily suprised :)

mark tomlinson likes this.