1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Robo c2 connecting a usb camera?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Garrett Payne, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Garrett Payne

Garrett Payne New Member

Is it possible?I bought a cheap usb camera and it work's on my laptop and desktop but when i plug it in and click start video stream nothing happen's and its plugged in the usb in the back?Thanks for the help im not too sure how to work the robo c2.

2. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

The Raspbian Linux on the Raspberry Pi in the printer will need the appropriate drivers loaded. As to which ones, a search on the Internet may be useful. The other thing would be that Octoprint would need to be modified to use the USB camera instead of the parallel port discussed in this article:
    http://community.robo3d.com/index.p...-c2-with-a-pi-noir-webcam-instructions.18980/

I've done this mod and it works very nicely.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It is almost as easy to simply by a RaspiCam (like this) and plug that into the Pi on the C2 and use a long enough cable (like this) to reach the print area :) That is what I did to avoid loading drivers, but as @tkoco points out you can use a cheaper USB camera if you load the drivers.