1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

New Owner-Print Edges curling early in print

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by VigilantWookie, Feb 6, 2020.

1. VigilantWookie

VigilantWookie New Member

Just got my R2 the other day. When I'm running prints, the edges/corners are curling up. Using the spool of PLA that came with the printer. Bed temp is still reading 60. Not sure what I should try. Any suggestions would help...like I said, just got this.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Try a bit of cheap dollar store hairspray, nit the pump style but rather the aerosol cans, you can get them at WalMart. And use the suggestion Mark provided in the post just above this one, PLA requires no heat, although a bit, maybe 30-45°C shouldn't hurt it.

4. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

I'm in agreement with @WheresWaldo and @mark tomlinson . I recommend a bed temperature of 30 C - just a tad warmer than room temperature. Also, if you haven't done it yet, please try re-leveling the print bed. Instructions can be found at the top of this forum.

5. VigilantWookie

So I tried the bed temp of 30 C, and I'm still getting warping issues, especially with wider prints. Should I be running the fan when doing PLA? Would a gluestick help keep it smoother? Just trying to figure out what my next step/steps will be.

6. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Did you re-level the print bed? Sounds like the extruder is too high ( or the print bed is too low - same difference ). Basically the gap between the extruder nozzle and the print bed surface is too wide.

7. VigilantWookie

I'll try that.