1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Z Off Set and Delay in Retraction of Extruder at the end

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by BenJoeM, Aug 1, 2020.

1. BenJoeM

BenJoeM Member

Hey,

I have had my C2 for sometime and for some reason in the past few months I seem to struggle to get my Z OFF set correct. I do all the required wizards from Z-Offset to Off Set fine tuning and seems to be great; then I run a print it i will be way off! Some parts of the print bed it too close, other parts to high and it is a crap shoot if it works or not, I have cleaned the IR sensor, changed print beds, and again sometimes it works great and often it doesn't

Also recently when ever a print ends, the nozzle stays on top of the print squirting hot PLA over my print and leaving a goop on it before it retracts. before it would finish and retract fast; now it sits there for maybe 5 to 10 seconds. If I am there I can act fast and remove the goop if not it becomes part of my print ruining it.

Thanks in advance

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Change the ending GCode to force it away from the model. I have no clue how you are slicing and printing, but if you are using OctoPi then change the ending gcocde there the to drop the bed. If you are slicing and printing direct from some other program fix the ending gcode in that slicer to do the same. At a minimum have it home the X or Y to move the nozzle away from the model

3. BenJoeM

BenJoeM Member

Thank you. I am using CURA, the original version that came with printer. I have not upgraded the software because when I’ve done in the past I have had issues.

Do you recommend a different software?

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Are you printing via OctoPrint? If so you can change the ending gcode in that.

5. BenJoeM

BenJoeM Member

yes, let me check

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member