1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

R2 Gantry Diagram

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Paul1967, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Paul1967

Paul1967 Member

Is there a diagram that shows the gantry setup? Or can someone send me pics of each corner of the gantry. Trying to rebuild the gantry and need to see which spacers go where etc.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. Lance Weston

Lance Weston Active Member

If you have not yet taken it apart print out the spacers first:
    http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/carriage-spacers-for-the-r2.23806/
    Each spacer has it's location imprinted on it.

It is very difficult to reassemble with the original spacers and get everything to line up again. I am not sure it ever did.

You can do your best to eyeball it, being careful to save the two shim washers that go between the gears and the flange bearings. Then print out my spacers and do a reassembly, that way everything will line up correctly.

4. Paul1967

Paul1967 Member

Based on your spacers, when you say top, bottom etc, are you basing that on the attached photo you sent or is from the point of view of the gantry in place and looking at the printer from the front? What two shim washers are you referring to as I have nothing to begin with?

5. Lance Weston

From the top front U/D up/down L/R left/right F/B front/back. Where the the gear directly touches the flange bearing there is a 0.2mm shim washer so the gear does not bind on the bearing. Be careful not to lose the shim washers, because if you lose them you will probably have to order a shim washer kit just to get the two washers. Make sure the narrow part of the spacer goes to the flange bearing.

6. Paul1967

Paul1967 Member

I understand what is the front and back, its the top and bottom I am not clear on. Is the gantry upside down like in your photo or upright as though you are looking down from the top as it sits in the machine?

Saw you have a 202004 version and then a 202007, which is the correct files?

7. Lance Weston

Use the 202007. Looking at the gantry as installed on the R2.

8. Paul1967

Paul1967 Member

thanks