1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Top Mounted Spool Holder

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by john.tatum, Feb 23, 2021.

1. john.tatum

john.tatum New Member

Hello everybody, new forum member here.

A couple years ago I created a top mount spool holder for my R1+, but I never really socialized it. What is unique about my design is that it sits on top of the cover and creates a flat surface for the spool, or other items, to sit on. It is also modular, to allow for different types of spools by only printing two small, rather simple, pieces. It is also designed to allow for other uses as well. Having now been using it for a couple years, I can say that it works quite well.

It is somewhat large (two of them bolted together will cover the entire top of the printer), and therefore takes quite a bit of filament to print. The print time is also in the > 20 hour range IIRC.

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/robo-3d-r1-spool-holder

Anyway, if you happen to be looking to upgrade your spool holder, please take a look at it. If you happen to print one, makes are always appreciated, as is feedback.

Thank You,

John

#1 john.tatum, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2021
    mark tomlinson likes this.
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You will want to post a link to it if you expect folks to try it :)

That may take a few more posts to enable, but if you PM me the link I will add it to your post.

3. john.tatum

john.tatum New Member

Thank you @mark tomlinson, message sent.