1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Error Detected Connection Interrupted. Min Temp

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Connor1534654, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Connor1534654

Connor1534654 New Member

Hi,

I have a Robo R2 printer and it's started throwing up an error message saying Error Detected Connection Interrupted. I can see that the Hotend and Build Plate are both heating up on cura, but after a few seconds into it calibrating, it'll stop and show this error message. 20210706_142458-min.jpg

I've followed the instructions on the printer to troubleshoot the problem, worked through the Help Centre' steps and replaced the hot end, all with no success. I have also used the temperature controls to heat up the extruder and maintain the temperature for 20 minutes.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the issue?

Thanks

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Lance Weston likes this.
  3. Connor1534654

Connor1534654 New Member

Cheers for the reply.

I have swapped out the USB cable and checked all of the connection points like you suggested, but the issue still occurs.

Looking back through previous forum posts that have had similar issues I have found a google drive with a Zip folder containing an R2 SD card image, but no instructions on how to install it. Do you have any information regarding how I can reimage the SD card on the Pi?

Thanks

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Get a blank SD card at least 16gb in size, but no larger than 32gb (8gb might work, but 16gb give you room to breathe).
    On windows install Win32DiskImager. Can't advise you on Mac or Linux clients, but you can do this there (just with different tools)
    Extract the image file for the Pi from the ZIP and make a note of where it is located.

Win32DiskImager
    • Insert the SD card into your SD card reader. You can use the SD card slot if you have one, or an SD adapter in a USB port. Note the drive letter assigned to the SD card. You can see the drive letter in the left hand column of Windows Explorer, for example G:
    • Download the Win32DiskImager utility from the Sourceforge Project page as an installer file, and run it to install the software.
    • Run the Win32DiskImager utility from your desktop or menu.
    • Select the image file you extracted earlier.
    • In the device box, select the drive letter of the SD card. Be careful to select the correct drive: if you choose the wrong drive you could destroy the data on your computer's hard disk! If you are using an SD card slot in your computer, and can't see the drive in the Win32DiskImager window, try using an external SD adapter.
    • Click 'Write' and wait for the write to complete.
    • Exit the imager and eject the SD card.
    .The swap the SD card you just put the new image on with the one that is currently installed in the Raspberry Pi. Turn the machine back on and you should be good.

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Does this machine have a connector on the back of the bed or when you lift the bed off is there no connection on the bed itself ?

6. Lance Weston

Lance Weston Active Member

The problem is probably that your fans are too high. Try running at 10% and seeing if the problem goes away. There is no shield between the hotend and the fan outputs. So when pumping out the filament with high fan it can not always keep up. I have posted shroud designs that do not have that problem because I put in a shield.

7. Connor1534654

Connor1534654 New Member

Hi All,

Mark - we have followed these instructions and seemed to have solved the problem but Z-offset wizard was freezing on step 1 - tried to trouble shoot this using historic posts but could not solve it. Now the original problem is occurring. Error is showing up with connection interrupted 'connection lost' upon start up. Then once I had manual set a starting offset using octoprint, I started a fine tune offset wizard and the min-temp error occurred again.

Any possible suggestions?

Geof - the bed is connected at the back right side.

Lance - We tried with fans at 10% with no luck. We also did a spool change wizard and the filament extruded as expected.

8. Lance Weston

The only thing left is the cable to the print head. Take a picture first. Try cutting off about an inch of cable with the idc connector. . Carefully remove the ribbon cable from the cut off connector and re-crimp the connector back onto the cable. It sounds like the connection gets flaky as the pint head moves, which is common in these cables.

9. Connor1534654

Connor1534654 New Member

I have re-imaged the SD card with what seems like a more appropriate file. which seems to have solved all issues apart from the first which is during the levelling process the fourth detected point (middle of the board it fails) with Min temp heater id 0. We can heat the hotend up manually outside of the fine calibration wizard or a print. The thermistor connection should be okay as it is a brand new hotend. The fail is consistently at the 4th point of sensing.

10. Lance Weston

set the extruder temp manually on the LCD display. Now move print head cable all around to see if you can duplicate a moving failure.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  11. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Often this is due to a connection problem between the Raspberry Pi and the Robo control board. Make sure the USB connection is good between them and perhaps try a new USB cable.

12. wuidling

wuidling Member

Hello, did you solve the problem ? My new R2 had the same problem after several weeks, but it wasn't a software or connection problem. Heating up with starting fans and motors are too much for the power supply. You should connect a 24/400W power supply directly to the internal pins, otherwise it is possible that the power switch could damage.

Regards
    Excuse my school english.

#12 wuidling, Jan 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    mark tomlinson likes this.