1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

R2 E3D V6 or any other popular hotend

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Ivan petrov, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Ivan petrov

Ivan petrov New Member

Hi!

I saw manual for R1 installing E3D V6 hottend, but did not find anything for R2.

Is their any info ?

2. Ivan petrov

Ivan petrov New Member

Also i tested new DragonFly hotend on other printer and maybe move to it skipping E3D V6 will be much better.

3. Omar Basha

Omar Basha New Member

Hi, its quite simple, just remove the original hot end by loosening the collar bolt, and than swop over heater and thermistor to v6 block and fit v6 in place. Caution to the wise be ultra careful with the thermistor and heater, when and if they break you will need to solder up and make use of the existing connectors, I ended up buying a few of those connectors, someone posted what they are on here, in fact I would say don't start till you have the replacements on hand and maybe cut and splice the connectors to a new heater and thermistor.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

4. Ivan petrov

Ivan petrov New Member

Thanks... Do you have a link to the post where the model of these connectors is mentioned? I definitely need to buy them.
    And I do not plan to change anything till Hexagon hotends run out of stock ;)

5. Omar Basha

Omar Basha New Member

6. Ivan petrov

Ivan petrov New Member

Thanks that directly what i need ;)))))