1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Question on Y axis, time to learn some new stuff

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jason Hopkins, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Jason Hopkins

Jason Hopkins New Member

Hello, All

I have been working on some stuff, unfortunately don't want to mention yet. With doing this I thing I screwed up my y axis and I'm not sure how to correct it.

I add some parts I printed to the end of the bed, not noticing their dimension are off big time. This lead to y axis not hitting it end stop switch and me finding out my prints are coming out 1.5mm to thick in z axis and y axis.

After removing my parts and trying a few things I have noticed after G29 command is done the probing 22mm outside the print area on the backside. It starts roughly that far in from the front edge also

At the end of the G28 command, print head is not stopping in the center of the bed either. Roughly say it going passed center by 10 to 13 mm.

Im slicing my files in cura and uploading to octoprint. I have added a G28 followed by a G29 to the start up script. And the physical parts I added have been removed from the bed and the bed does hit the endstop on the y axis now.

Where do I start to fix this and what do I need to read? Thank you for any help. I have a batch of stuff to print for the wife and then back to another project where the dimensional of parts are important.

Jason

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

How are you judging the center of the bed?
    Bear in mind that the pretty graphics printed on the bed mean .... nothing.
    The Y center is not center of the pattern on the bed.

As long as the endstops are still in place then you should be OK. If not, take a video or pictures of what your seeing and post it on flickr or imagur or any picture/video hosting side and post us the link.

3. Jason Hopkins

Jason Hopkins New Member

Sorry, for delay in response. I have gotten it printing better and taken pictures I need to post still.
    But I am using the gfx as a refernece to a certain point. Another indication for me is Im slicing everything in Cura with the model centered on the build plate, but is not printing in the center off the build plate.

G28 in Octoprint terminal gives x:120 y:127 z:-0.95
    The 5th check point, I guessing should be center, after running G29 is y:125
    The final test point is y: 230 which is pass the gfx printed on the glass

I will get pictures I have taking posted as soon as I cant. I will need to make a account with on of the site you listed unless instagram will be okay.

Jason

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The actual center of the glass bed is not (sadly) the center of the printable area.
    There is a decent chunk of non-printable area on one end of the bed.