1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved the screen stay white and printer doesn´t work

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jorge gil, Jun 3, 2017.

1. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

I work with Raspis, the Parallax Propeller board and a wide variety of add-ons, hats, modules and you-name-it for both and I write-up reviews from what I find. I'm used to the amount of research, tweaking, hacking and sometimes disappointment from attempting to use these things. You'll find five drivers from official to tweaked-version-of-the-favorited-tweak, eventually getting the right combination of settings in some obscure file somewhere. The most frustrating time is waiting for some part to arrive, something they *could* have been mentioned on the description (like a logic converter, say). <_< I will say that I'm pretty familiar with the inner workings of Raspbian Jessie.

The chassis is for a Raspi supercomputer, for what it's worth. Once finally assembled, you guys will see it after I do.

2. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

Looks like this thread discusses a promiscuous logging issue with several people complaining of an unresponsive Raspberry if they leave it on for hours.

I've noticed that my own /var/log/syslog was filled with "rsyslogd-2007: action 'action 19' suspended, next retry is..." messages like these people. I've adjusted my /etc/rsyslog.conf as they suggested and it no longer logs this type of message.

More info

There's a bug with /dev/xconsole which is self-perpetuating an error, which tries to log that error, which tries to use /dev/xconsole...

3. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

You can easily hook whatever HDMI source you have to it to test. With a bit of luck just disconnecting/reconnecting the cable in the process will fix it :)

4. Julien Fournier

Julien Fournier New Member

@mark tomlinson

Hello,

I just changed my broken LCD screen with that model and my touch screen is not oriented like the display? Any idea how I could fix that? I tried a bunch of thing like touchscreen-inverted-x touchscreen-inverted-y in the boot.txt but no success

#24 Julien Fournier, Nov 14, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

6. Julien Fournier

Im gonna try that. At the moment the display is correctly displayed but the touch screen looks like Rotated: bottom is set horizontaly on the left side but also mirrored in front left to right

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Yea, the touch sensor has to be configured with the correct oreintation (the boot.ini) and calibrated.

8. Julien Fournier

On the boot.ini? Not the config.txt? Sorry im a bit new to tinkering with the Rasberry stuff

9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

10. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

11. Julien Fournier

For some reason, only display_rotate=2 works on my side and the subsequent lines for touch dont do anything:

dtoverlay=rpi-ft5406,touchscreen-inverted-x=1,touchscreen-inverted-y=1

Thats the line I had already tried previously :(

12. Julien Fournier

Im starting to wonder if the screen I bought has a defect with the touchscreen. Its kind of weird that the default touch is not aligned with the display at all and that no fucntions affecting its orientation seems to work.

13. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

14. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

If this were just a Pi issue I would say update to the latest version of Raspbian (Buster) as well, but if you do that on a C2 or R2 the Robo menus will cease to function because those are driven by an outdated version of a plugin used on OctoPi that is no longer supported or developed.