1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

All metal hot end !!! get yours now.

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by CAMBO3D, Apr 5, 2013.

1. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

http://trinitylabs.com/products/trinity-metalmagma-all-metal-high-temp-hotend

another upgrade for the robo3d once it arrives. Will allow you to print with all available filaments currently on the market. wooohoo. no worries about peek meltdown. based on the j-head so it should be plug in play mounting wise. Mine is already on order!

downside it uses 3mm filament at the moment so you have to make a couple of changes. (ie.3mm filament roller gear for one. there maybe be others but can't really be sure till we get our printer.)
    but hopefully the 1.75mm version will be out soon and we wont have to worry about it.

Attached Files:

2. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Could you let us know when they release a 1.75mm (That's what we're using right) filament?

3. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

I'll wait for the Ti hot end that I know that being worked on. :D

4. Michael DiFilippo

Michael DiFilippo Active Member

Missed the kickstarter too where they created a 1.75mm all metal hot end damn. I'd rather wait to get one that is 1.75mm that way it is all consistent and I won't have any need to get different filament.

5. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

its not a kickstarter. but the 1.75mm version will be out soon hopefully, these were designed for trinity labs aluminatus printer which used 3mm filament. The original one was acutally 1.75mm. he just doesnt have those at the moment.

6. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

7. Michael DiFilippo

Michael DiFilippo Active Member

Cambo that is a damn good price the last one you listed very interesting

8. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Do you have a link to the Ti hot end you mentioned in your post.

9. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

10. Ezra Zygmuntowicz

Ezra Zygmuntowicz New Member

Just FYI TrinityLabs(disclosure, my company) started shipping our new MetalMagma hot ends in the past few days.

http://trinitylabs.com/products/trinity-metalmagma-all-metal-high-temp-hotend

These are tested to work with PLA, ABS, NMylon Polycarbonate, LayWood and should work with any filament opn the market. We held them back for an extra week or two in order to fix one remaining issue with PLA plugging when being extgruded at very slow speeds but now even that is a thing of the past and this new all metal hot end is ready for prime time and is az drop in replacement for a jhead or any groovemount hot end and is only 54mm long and weighs less then 20grams!

Here is a video of this hot end printing PLA extremely fast with no fan on the barrel for a full 5 hour print and meanwhile I am able to grab the upper barrel of the hot end 30mm away from the heater block and it is cold to the touch.

A fan is still recommended for optimal performance if you need to print PLA slowly, but if you keep the speed up above 50mm/sec then you don't strictly require a fan.

We've got the first batch of 500 in nstock and 300 are already sold but we will have another batch before these run out. Currently only a 3mm version is avilable but a 1.75mm version is coming in 2 weeks or so.

Every Magma comes with a default 0.4mm nozzle and the full kit lets you choose one additional nozle size form 0.3mm, 0.5mm or 0.75mm.

These are now the default hot ends shipping on the Aluminatus TrinityOne and TrinityOne Pro machines and while I may be biased this is one of the nicest hot endsa I have used(I'v used too many to count).

11. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

ezra has my hotend shipped yet? to be honest i'll probably get my ed3 hotend before yours arrives.
    its been more than 3 weeks since you stated these would ship. Would be nice for you to ship something when you say it would. you keep advertising these but your not even ready to ship them out. that is really some bs.

12. Ezra Zygmuntowicz

Ezra Zygmuntowicz New Member

Actually we had 500 of these the day we started taking orders for thewm but found a last minute issue that I did not want to let out in the wild. And I've spent the past few weeks doing nothing else but hacking on these hot ends to perfect them and we've ended up re-machining 800 nozzles to improve the internal geometry to allow slow printing of PLA without clogs, this was the main issue that we found at the last minute.

We started shipping the bare hot end and full kits yesterday and got 50 or so in the post, I'm sorry but I don't know what your order number is to check if yours in particular has shipped but *all* orders for these MetalMagmas that have been placed will be out the door in the post on monday and tuesday so if you bought one when we first put them online your hot end very likely did ship yesterday but at the very latest will ship on monday or tuesday morning.

Of course I could have just gone ahead and shipped these a few weeks ago when we got them in pocket and put them up for sale but we QC'd them and found a last minute manufacturuing issue and *that* would have been bullshit to ship. I'm sorry for the wait but when I find quality control issues and know something can be made better I don't let it out the door until it's fixed and heavily tested.

Here is my life for the past few weeks working on this issue >>

[​IMG]

So you will have your magma this coming week assuming you're in the USA?

Sorry to have intruded on your forum I suppose. We have boro in stock that ships within 24 hours in sizes from 160mm x 160mm up to 320mm x 320mm as well as round boro for delta bots. If you wanted 10"x10" I can make it happen but doesn't seem like your open to it.

If you want to giver me your order number for the magma I will check on it for you and throw in an additional nozzle size of your choice and a new gunmetal black hobb.

But I won't ship products when I know there is an issue. If you had read my post you jay have noticed the first line said we started shipping the hot ends en masse in the last 2 days as soon as we had worked out and tested heavily the fix and then implemented it\

I just noticed the post here about our new hot end and thought I would post and update that there was a QC issue, it's now fixed and heavily tested and they are and have been shipping for 2 days now. That is all.

I won't intrude again here I guess so back to your regularly scheduled bashing.

13. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

Cambo didn't have his coffee this morning. ;)
    I am going to make a post regarding the Boro in the other thread related to it. Hope you check it out Ezra.

14. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

yeah well my order still says unfulled, and your last email from me said it was supposed to be shipped last week.

you dont have the greatest reputation for shipping anything as stated...

You would probably have more business from me if you actually keep your word... I might even have an alumintus...

you can call my opinions whatever you like but its honest and straight forward unlike your business practices. would you like me to point the google groups link to everyone on this forum that has complained..?
    SO YEAH HOW ABOUT BEING HONEST FOR A CHANGE.!

2 people like this.
  15. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Guys, lets not get in an argument here, but if there are issues going on, we do understand that, and please take care of that privately. We know here at Robo3D, we put our hearts into support, that is why we have these forums for you guys. Please feel free to share your opinions on other companies, but please do keep it polite.
    Thanks,
    - Harry

16. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

by the way i did send you an email about two days ago, no response.
    i was probably one of the first to order one as soon as you made the announcement on the trinity labs forums.

17. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

follow up, i've purchased 2 items from these guys one a 3d printer another this new hotend, neither of them ever shipped to me. I've had to ask for a refund both times.

buyer beware.

18. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

edit: incidentally I ran into ezra on another forum and after exchanging some words. He is sending me this hot end after all so I look forward to receiving it and trying it out, along with my ED3 all metal hot ends so I'll have both to try and post some reviews on. now where is that robo3d printer...

19. Electrocutioner

Electrocutioner New Member

I Built my all metal a couple of months ago. Its made from high temperature insulation so its actually good up to 600C but was designed for extruding teflon at around 350C.

I have the design files up on thingverse as the Tefstruder project, though there have been a few changes. One of which is that Ive changed to 1.75mm filament. If there is interest i could update the drawings and push the update.

[​IMG]

20. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes by all means our printers are 1.75 based I would be willing to build one and test it out I will be taking a look at what you currently have right now