1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

All metal hot end !!! get yours now.

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by CAMBO3D, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Electrocutioner

Electrocutioner New Member

Ok will do,Im making another one for a friend today, so i'll take more pictures as well. The heating coil winding part is a bit tricky, but way more reliable than cartridge heaters. Ive once accidently ran the thing up to 500C and it suffered no damage.

I have a highly hacked cupcake, and had to downsize the filament in order to make the pressures required for extruding teflon.

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Are you getting one of these printers.
    Do you have links for any needed materials

3. Electrocutioner

I' desperately waiting for one of the robo's, im beginning to lose hope and have resorted to rebuilding my Cupcake.
    If it does ever arrive, I have a number of extruder designs i've been working on that needs a bigger print area than i currently have.

I have all links for materials, most can be found quite easily at local pottery supply shops. I like to engineer things in such a way that anyone can easily get supplies. the only tricky one is the Aremco paint, mostly because i live in Canada and shipping hazmat here is ridiculously expensive.

http://www.aremco.com/product/a5/

4. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Is there any milling that is required or can you actually get the parts from a supplier as you use them in your design

5. Electrocutioner

Yes, everything is custom milled. everything is built from stock.

each one takes me about 2h to mill by hand. Im hoping for a CNC lathe soon..

I have drawn up the recent changes for the 1.75mm version. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:85616