1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Replies

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lichaem69, Jul 2, 2014.

1. lichaem69

lichaem69 Member

I have had my printer for almost three months now, and I have printer almost nothing. The Robo guys seemed to be doing a decent job replying to emails to help me trouble shoot intially, but as of the last 2-3 weeks I have not received a reply. I have sent several emails to them about my bed having a dip in the middle, and what I have tried. I do not want to be a nuisance, but I want to get my printer working before the warranty runs out, and I am stuck with a printer.

P.S.
    I know there is an upgraded bed for $110, but I do not think should have to buy an upgrade to make my printer work.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Sounds like your Y belt is too tight.

They've been swamped with another issue and have been overwhelmed on emails the past 2-3 weeks.

3. Paul Yeh

Paul Yeh Active Member

4. lichaem69

lichaem69 Member

I have loosened the belt, but there seems to be no change.

I have tried what tonycstech has suggested, but nothing seems to work.

I think its the draw rail on the left side, because when i removed my bed the rail wobbled a lot on the left, but did not wobble a lot on the right side. I have noticed that the distance between the bed and the extruder is larger on the left side than it is on the right side. Now I plan on printing an upgraded bed that is similar to the one Robo offers, but until I can get my bed leveled and flat, I cannot do this.

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Can you remove the glass, place it on a flat surface, and take a picture?

6. lichaem69

lichaem69 Member

7. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I meant face down and from the side so I could see the warp. I can't see any warp on that

8. lichaem69

lichaem69 Member

9. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I guess I don't see anything. Can you highlight the region you think is warped

10. lichaem69

lichaem69 Member

I don't think the bed is the problem. I think it is probably the draw rails being wobbly that is causing the problem. When I move the extruder over the bed when it is z homed I notice the left side dips in a lot more that the right. And when I look at the draw slides I notice the left side is very wobbly while the right side is for the most part stable. The video in my earlier post shows how much my draw slides wobble.

11. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Ok I'm finally back on my computer to view the video

Looks like the bearings came undone. It's probably time to upgrade to a rod/linear bearing approach.

I can send you the printable design based on team robos but a couple notes

You need to be able to cut a 14" section of 8mm smooth rod
    you need to be able to precisely modify the middle plate, such as on a mill

Othewise I'd suggest R3D's kit

12. lichaem69

lichaem69 Member

Well I can't print the parts you designed, because of the uneven bed. My plans are to upgrade the bed with your design if/when my printer works. I'm hoping there is a way to get my bed working that will not require me to spend over $100 on a upgrade that I shouldn't have top buy to get my printer working. Hopefully the Robo3d guys help me find a way to fix my printer, or send me a new draw slide to i cant print the upgrades.

13. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

can you take a video of what happens during a print that keeps it from working? The dip is pretty bad but I think it should still work.

How old is your printer? 3 months? They might still have some spare drawer slides around though not sure.

14. lichaem69

lichaem69 Member

The dip is so bad that the extruder is not putting the filament down, but it is just dropping it. Now when it goes in a straight line it falls fine, but when you have to do curves, or close together filling that is typical for filling in the object the filament does not stick and the print fails. I am sorry for the quality of the video, for some reason my iphone did not want to focus. And I for my printer mid April I believe.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2d9rdbt>&s=8#.U7UJ17Gds54

#14 lichaem69, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014