1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

What is up this company and their customer service?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by LW Reinhold, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Steve K.

Steve K. Member

Let Robo solve their problems. You can't do it for them .

#41 Steve K., Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
  2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

A package can take 7-14 business days to arrive depending on how they mailed it. Please be patient Steve.

Alex raises a serious concern. 3d printing is in its infancy and requires a very skilled technician to operate it. Especially a budget printer such as a robo3d. The reason it's purchased is it's low cost and large build volume. Something they're only able to accomplish by being small. I assume this was why you purchased it as opposed to something that requires assembly such as the printrbot.

Shipping is very hard on printers. And if a board has a bad solder job it can go bad mid transit. Every printer is connected at tested at robo HQ and yours was a lemon board unfortunately. There's no such thing as 100% reliable electronics and being a Pratt and Whitney engineer I thought you would have a better appreciation of this.

2 people like this.
  3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

2 employees started today handling order status queries. Jerry is still the sole owner of technical support along with other roles

3 people like this.
  4. Steve K.

Steve K. Member

Mike ....... The board was never shipped to me. The story is it was shipped to another Steve K. by mistake. How many Steve K.'s do you think bought a Robo printer? No one has ever asked me for a shipping address. As far as electronics reliability is concerned, at P&W they were subject to a 20 hr. burn cycle to find infant mortality failures. That is quality control for electronic components. I suggested to Jerry how to fix my problem yesterday. I am waiting for a response from him.

#44 Steve K., Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
  5. Steve K.

Steve K. Member

P.S. I worked at P&W for 31 years at their R&D center. I know exactly what Robo is going through now. My actions on supporting our customers was very important to us. Our companies reputation depended on it.

6. Steve K.

Steve K. Member

Latest info from Robo .........They say they sent the board to the wrong Steve K. I wonder how many Steve K's they have sold printers to. They told me they sent a board June 18th 14 days ago. No response to date on how they will resolve this problem.

7. warlocke

warlocke Active Member

It only takes one more Steve K. Out of a few thousand people that is not a statistical long-shot.

8. Steve K.

Steve K. Member

Not true, paticularly if you know their mailing address.

9. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

They have a database of all their consumers. Since you purchased from a 3rd party you weren't in there. I was an honest mistake.

10. Steve K.

Steve K. Member

When they couldn't find me on their consumer list why didn't they ask me for my address?

11. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Because they found a Stephen K in their address list they assumed it was you and sent it to him by mistake.

It's really not that confusing how mistakes get made. These are 10-15 people doing a lot of different things.

12. Steve K.

Steve K. Member

Wrong ................... Do you remember when they asked me where I got my Robo from,because they couldn't find me on their list, I had to tell them who I got it from ( 3D Printers Online Store ) and my order number ( # 140 ) ?

13. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Steve I'm done explaining this to you. Mistakes get made and you need to learn that. I can't believe I have to go into this much detail with you to explain how a small business functions. Clearly you have no appreciation of it.

14. Steve K.

Steve K. Member

You have been telling me how a small business doesn't function. You were my only hope I had of fixing the problem. I now have no hope of fixing the problem.

2 people like this.
  15. AxisLab

AxisLab Well-Known Member

I admit, "sent to the wrong Steve" does sound like an excuse. instead of saying oops we forgot lol.
    But I wouldn't put it past them to make that mistake either.
    When I ordered my $10 autolevel kit, I received it like normal but then like a week later I got a second one in the mail somehow. Shipping error.
    Even when they were sending customer display prints back from the Makerfaire, they accidently mailed someone's print to the wrong person. Kind of funny looking back, but shows that shipping errors do seem to happen to them a bit.

I'm not trying to make light of your issue, I know it has to be frustrating, especially since when you are trying to vent here, all we do is fight with you it seems which probably just makes it worse. I apologize for that.

It seems they are trying to get it straightened out at least and hopefully this will all be put to rest soon and you get your hands into some real printing.

2 people like this.
  16. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

And that was a response well said.

17. Steve K.

Steve K. Member

Looks like Mark agrees with you. I am the problem, not Robo or their printer.

2 people like this.
  18. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

You have no idea how a small business does or doesn't function so you shouldn't be telling them HOW to function. With no experience in it you have no knowledge to say one way or the other.

You've been more than annoying with your persistent questions and concerns. I was trying to be supportive but you've worn out my services. My only concern now is that Jerry is handling you, and he is, so please be quiet about your issues and give him time to work on it.

19. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

No, you one-eightied my response.

Blaming the victim seems to be a common occurrence around here.
    AxisLab was at least not doing that.

20. Steve K.

Steve K. Member

No comment ..................... Or any future comments.