1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Cases have arrived! Filament now for sale!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Harry, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hey Backers,

Final Parts are in!
    It's an exciting time for us here at RoBo 3D HQ. The final parts to your printers have arrived and we are working hard to get the first batch of 50 printers out!
    We're estimating shipping starting this friday! It's been a long ride but we can't wait to start sending you what we've all been waiting for.
    Filament is in!
    Some people have been asking about how much filament is going to be shipped with their printer. We are send a starter amount, a couple meters in length to get you going. You can visit our online store to order more in various colors in both ABS and PLA http://www.robo3dprinter.com/collections/filament. Extra filament cannot be shipped with your order.
    Small, but improved design change
    We want to deliver the best printer to you. In order to do that we have upgraded to the GT2 belts on all printers instead of the t2.5. These belts have improved our print quality by a good deal.
    Thank you all for believing in us and hanging in there with us. Everything is officially coming together!

Like us out on Facebook for more updates: https://www.facebook.com/Robo3dPrinter
    And also check out the forums if you haven't already!: http://forums.robo3dprinter.com/index.php

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  2. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

:D
    Just was going to post the update haha

3. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

will you be notifying backers that you will be shipping to? ie tracking number etc. or list of people who will receive the first 50 and so on? i'd like to be home when this thing arrives.

4. Michael DiFilippo

Michael DiFilippo Active Member

super excited! great news guys

2 people like this.
  5. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

2013-06-12 19.50.43.png 2013-06-12 19.50.40.png 2013-06-12 19.50.34.png 2013-06-12 19.50.29.png 2013-06-12 19.50.14.png 2013-06-12 19.50.04.png 2013-06-12 19.49.58.png 2013-06-12 19.49.49.png 2013-06-12 19.49.42.png 2013-06-12 19.49.34.png
    Some additional pics from patmc loaded with his permission

6. NickW

NickW New Member

You had me at Hey...
    Although I am not a backer I have been following this endeavor and am actually excited myself. I would like to see how these 50 perform before I pre order a printer. Pretty sweet that its all coming together. Congrats!

7. Henry

Henry New Member

Yes please let the backers know which lots are being sent out so other people know the pecking order of devliery

8. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

How you have your filament hanging above the printer is how I planed to do it. My only concern is the it is very humid here in Florida and my printer will be in my garage/workshop. Might not be a good idea to leave filament out in the humidity.

9. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

Team RoBo:
    You guys have probably already thought of this but please think you your packaging carefully. There is a reason why when you open a new inkjet printer all moving parts are taped and with foam wedged in the printer to keep parts from getting jarred around during shipping....

2 people like this.
  10. Drathus

Drathus Guest

If you're going to build an enclosure for your printer for heating purposes, it wouldn't be too hard I'd think to also connect a dehumidifier to it (ducting and baffles to prevent the air draw from preventing any sort of breeze.)

Just make sure you're not storing the filament spools in an open container in the humidity and it shouldn't be too bad.

For my storage I'm using my vacuum sealer. Just make a long bag for each spool, and trim off the seal, use the filament, and then re-seal it back in the slightly smaller bag. It's the least waste of bag per re-seal of the contents. Keep a silcagel pack in there and that should take care of any moisture that might be left in. If you really want to go overboard you can toss an O2 eater packet in along with the silica gel.

11. Jacob B.

Jacob B. New Member

The easy option is just to print so much that your filament doesn't have time to spoil ;)

2 people like this.
  12. ponwer

ponwer New Member

Is this for backers only or for people who bought the 3D printer now? Does this mean double shipping cost? Please explain. Thanks!

13. pclabtech

pclabtech Active Member

I will be picking mine up in person since I was one of the original "Early Birds" (#18) Send me a private mail as to when and where I need to go to get mine :)

14. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

ponwer, i would assume if you ordered from the robo website . It would ship with your order, Because shipping would should be calculated for both during checkout. correct? you wouldn't be charged doubled for shipment. just what they charge to ship it.

2 people like this.
  15. 1d1

1d1 Active Member

And I would assume they will be shipping filament separately as matching the filament order to the printer order is a bit too cumbersome a process. If you ordered at the time of your printer order, they would already be matched up but may be shipped separately even then. When you design a packing/shipping container for the printer to be safely transported, it is unlikely there would be room for spools of filament. My 2c anyway...

3 people like this.
  16. Jhon Peeter

Jhon Peeter New Member

If you ordered at the time of your printer order, they would already be matched up but may be shipped separately even then. How you have your filament hanging above the printer is how I planed to do it.