1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Fallout NV Weapon

Discussion in 'Projects' started by mark tomlinson, Aug 21, 2014.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

So, one of the projects my son had been working on was the pistol from this game.
    (photos attached). It is 100% ABS to actually take advantage if the warping at the edges to make it look more worn. The inside is stuffed with wiring and boards. There is an Arduino that handles the sounds and laser pointer 'beam' weapon the battery cases actually are dummy, but must be inserted to activate it. The 'scope' on top is a microduino with an LED shield that actually changes patterns (patterns selected by knob on rear of gun). The two arduinos talk to each other via the I/O bus as needed to synchronize behaviors.

He did a good job painting it as well. The sounds are actually captured WAVs from the game so it is as realistic as it can be. He has a lot of various stickers to put on the case and it will get weathered/aged as well.

Attached Files:

10 people like this.
  2. Dbeal

Dbeal Active Member

I like!

3. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

Very cool indeed!

4. cosber

cosber Active Member

Impressive.

5. Galaxius

Galaxius Well-Known Member

Links, guide??

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I need to I guess :) I did not do a build diary.
    I can link you to the thingiverse model, but the rest was improvisation.
    I will be happy to post a schematic and the code for the two Ardiunos. Let me get it together and I'll post it here.

2 people like this.
  7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Code and schematics will be posted Monday (John wanted that time to clean it up).
    Here are some photos of the case w/gun. Initial painting done (but not the weathering, yet).
    The stencils used for the logo will also be included in Monday's drop. It was a 3-part stencil used with an airbrush.

Will see if we include both versions of the code for the microduino (with and without the accelerometer). We ended up going w/o it for this version, but the issues were all around open/available input ports. The Wave shield and trigger pretty well socked all the inputs on the Uno and the LED shield ate up all of the ones on the microduino.

Conceptually the Accel would know if the gun was holstered/safe and when it was raised to a fireable position (and the sounds would indicate this).

Attached Files:

#7 mark tomlinson, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
    4 people like this.
  8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

OK, well he did not yet finish the clean up (other stuff in the way) but I will post the code as-is and it will be refreshed later.
    The two files should make sense. One is for the main ardunio uno (laser, trigger, sounds) and the other for the TinyDuino laser scope.

Attached Files:

9. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Super impressive man