1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

reprapdiscount LCD display

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Printed Solid, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Robert Choban

Robert Choban Active Member

SteveC thanks for your help
    what do you mean when you say PM you my contact info? Should I post my e-mail address here or is there some other way we can move off this forum to a one on one conversation?
    Also I'm having some problems printing ever since I upgraded to the newest version of Robo software? It looks like that lays are being squished. My question for now is where on the forum would you post a problem like this. Once I know the place to post I will upload some pictures of what is happening.
    Thanks again for all your help.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

There is a conversations button at the top right-hand corner of the HTML page for the forum. Try that and start a private conversation with the specific user(s) you want.

3. Galaxius

Galaxius Well-Known Member

My Full Graphic display arrived the other day but I noticed the securing tabs for the LCD touch the pins below (see pic). Since they appear to be metal I'm thinking I need to bend them flat out of the way and insert some insulator? @Ziggy

[​IMG]

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

Not all the pins are used. But would be best to use some insulation and/or bend the metal out of the way.

2 people like this.
  5. deeph

deeph Member

Going to take Graphic LCD but are there any change needed to my Robo3D V3?

6. SteveC

SteveC Well-Known Member

I'm sure you know this but remember to insert some printed spacers/washers between the module and the PCB before screwing it into the case.

7. Galaxius

Galaxius Well-Known Member

Thanks, I didn't know that. Was going to use this case from thingiverse. Is there a guide or hints n tips link for installing the full graphic lcd?
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:87250

8. SteveC

SteveC Well-Known Member

Yes, it looks to me like it is the same mechanical configuration as the other LCD controllers and the two boards are only connected on one side by one strip of connections. If you don't put spacers in the two boards will squish together when you tighten the screws into the case and they will bend and probably short out. You can put your own insulating washers in or you can print some from the distance_cylinder.stl in this design:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:79820/#files

#228 SteveC, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2014
  9. Bjorn

Bjorn Member

Wanted to let you know, I did a remake of that case..
    Pulling the SD card out was a pain in the ass for my thick fingers :), I solved it by making a slot into the case.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:505355

2 people like this.
  10. John Durr

John Durr Member

Hello
    I'm really new to this whole 3d printing thing. But I bough the xxl screen from printed solid. I just got my Robo 3d on 10/13/14.
    When I turn on printer I get a message to Home x/y before z. Can someone PLEASE point me to somewhere that might explain this?
    I have a mac running 10.10 but have connection issues so I wanted to print without computer.
    Thanks
    John

11. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

12. John Durr

John Durr Member

Thanks Mike
    My firmware states RoBo3DR1AUTOV1.
    When I go to Auto home I see no all
    When I press the button (push knob in) the extruder moves to the left edge then forward then back to the center. The screen goes back to the info window.
    Is that what you mean by "Do auto-home all."?

13. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

14. John Durr

John Durr Member

No it is not

So I learning something. If I hit restore failsafe I must hit Auto home afterward.
    Thanks

Now on to leveling x axis.

I will search forum for help.

Thanks Mike and when I get this working I will be using you swivel case for the screen so thanks for that as well.

15. SteveC

SteveC Well-Known Member

John, to level X just turn either the right or left Z coupler by hand until the nozzle has the same gap on both sides. It takes a few iterations back and forth but you should only have to do this once. You need to do this while the Z steppers are off or they will resist moving.

16. Robert Choban

Robert Choban Active Member

I have a Robo R1 with enclosed bottom, a hexagon hot end and a XXL controller. Been printing for about 1 week with no problems. I had a problem with the Hot end fan coming lose during a print, I push the terminate print botton on the XXL and the turned off the printer, the print stopped. I push the fan back onto the heat sink and turned on the printer. When I look at the XXL controller there is a Err: MINTEMP message at the bottom of the Info screen. The hot end and the bed will not heat up. When looking at the XXL, under Control, then under Temperature, then under autotemp, my min temp is set to 180, max temp is 225. Any help would be greatly appreciated

17. John Durr

John Durr Member

When I had any problems I also had to unplug the sub going to the printer to clear the error message.
    If the computer was turned on at the time of error.
    The board might get power from both use and the power supply.

18. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

When you restart the printer what do your temperatures show up as

19. deeph

deeph Member

Just got Graphic LCD but mine can't exceed 240c, how do I increase the max temp for the LCD?

20. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Max temp is a function of your firmware. You need to flash your firmware with a higher max temp