1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Got Simplify3D

Discussion in 'Software' started by cosber, Oct 4, 2014.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sure, attached is the one I just used.
    PLA. This turned out pretty good.
    Don't hesitate to fling them a bug/complaint if you can reproduce an issue - they do make fixes :)
    There are so many dials/buttons/knobs/switches under the covers on the slicer that it is likely the things to tweak are already there...
    (Thankfully, most of the time the defaults work.)

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  2. Galaxius

Galaxius Well-Known Member

I posted a couple feature requests and a bug on the forum today. It annoys me that it's so long between releases. I really want to love S3D but I keep going back to Slic3r unless I need S3D's awesome support generation. Hopefully I can find a silver bullet in your settings.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

<snort> Not.

I did some playing around though and found that my PLA settings were off and worked better, hotter.
    The last model I printed... first time it was not bonding well (some of the layers were loose).
    Then I tweaked it a bit hotter and it was much better.
    That was model dependent -- to a certain extent -- due to how the layers were put together, but likely had always been a bit of an issue (but one I missed since the problem was internal and not obvious).

Use their support email, I am not sure how active their forums are, but they get back to me via email pretty much right away.

3 people like this.
  4. cosber

cosber Active Member

Probably a dumb question, but to clarify-what exactly are the "shell" settings? Is it the width of the wall of the model? I'm going to print a nose cone and want it hollow but with a thicker wall. I don't see any settings in Simply for the shell. Is it called something else?

5. Galaxius

Galaxius Well-Known Member

It's called Perimeters if I remember correctly,i don't take that much notice lol. It's on the second tab above the number of top and bottom layers.